Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Was Melanie Klein greater than Freud?

Was Melanie Klein greater than Freud?

Posted - December 19, 2016

Responses

• Ahh now, despite studying child psychology, we only touched very briefly on Klein, so brief it's a distant memory... but we did do Freud, as almost everyone does, including my daughter who is studying GCSE Psychology (prob equiv of high school psychology?) and i say Freud is loopy. IMO his ideas were loopy, and he had some mega mental disturbances :P  I get that many of our hangups and problems stem from childhood but I truly do NOT think that most problems stem from being stuck in the the anal etc stages, (well lol I imagine there are some exceptions on that front :P) and I truly do NOT agree with the complex where little boys *want* and are sexually attracted to their mothers and vice versa girls to their fathers.. that's loopy and fails to understand children at all!  The most insane thing was little boys thinking that their dad would cut off their penis for being attracted to their mother and thus in competition with their father... utter twaddle... 

Loathe Freud with a passion :P
      December 19, 2016 11:02 AM MST

NO but Calvin was and is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2016 11:33 AM MST
      December 19, 2016 11:14 AM MST

Everyone does look good in all his stuff. He is one of my favorite designers. 
      December 19, 2016 11:35 AM MST

Okay Sapphic Twin.  I have to explain every word to her.  Not because she is dull witted, I mean that I have to explain what I mean because I can be a terrible communicator sometimes.  But with you guys?  You always go someplace I don't mean.  Haaaaaahaaaahaa

Everyone who wears Calvin Klein clothes looks terrific in them.  Know how I know?  They are made to only fit one type of shape.  He doesn't compromise.   So if you cannot fit in them?   You will not get IN them.  

That is what I mean actually.   You can be butt ugly but you will look tons better in Calvin Klein than say Fruit of the danged Loom. 

Not that they don't have some cute stuff.  They do. But Calvin?   Just his name on the label makes it better looking, I swear.  His tailoring is impeccable and he makes minimal look so gorgeous everyone else around looks gaudy by comparison. 

His lines.    He can cut a neckline and make it the focus of the whole look.   Or sleeves or whatever he wants to make the subtle star of the piece. 

This is something I wear.  Not this dress  (probaby this rag is about $500)   but this look?  I love it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He is GREAT.   Kiss my beard, Sigmund Freud.   (beard being pretend wife, to gay men) This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2016 12:00 PM MST
      December 19, 2016 11:51 AM MST

Well sweetie, we do understand each other and are very sympatico.   If you came over we would be instantly comfortable with each other.  That part I can totally see.  But when we talk?  We mix up a lot.    It is to be expected, we don't talk as often as we will in say six months from now.   I mean there will be a lot more conversations here and there and we will know each other's meanings a little better.   But, I never think you are insulting me.   I cannot imagine you insulting anyone without intense provocation.  You don't roll that way.  So, you never offend me.   I only get offended when people attack me without even knowing what the hell they are saying.  Those are the ones I feast on.

Think about it, WW.  If I were shallow enough to get offended by a Calvin Klein comment, you KNOW I deserve getting attacked by you and deserving it.  LOL  Shoot me NOW before I ever turn into that kind of brain. 

(Like this)  How DARE you say Calvin Klein is ONLY FOR GAYSSSSSSS

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2016 12:11 PM MST
      December 19, 2016 12:06 PM MST