Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » If my husband makes jokes because of my add and my hearing loss is that abusive?

If my husband makes jokes because of my add and my hearing loss is that abusive?

What if he critisizes any change i make to the house decor, my housekeeping abilities, and says all i do at work is sleep? Am i too sensitive?

Posted - July 6, 2016

Responses

Whether or not it constitutes abuse, it sounds like it's cruel and mean. An occasional joke about a partner's foiables is common in relationships, but it sounds like your husband is looking for anything and everything he can criticize. Making fun of medical issues such as hearing loss seems especially beastly.

I have no way of measuring "too sensitive." If it affects you negatively and does nothing constructive, why would your husband engage in such behavior?

So, what are you going to do about it?

July 6, 2016 9:47 PM MDT

I have a plan. I just need try to be ok.
      July 6, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

• Emotional abuse

July 6, 2016 10:10 PM MDT

• It's not good behaviour  hun on his part ...   I  see two options...  Either he doesn't know his jokes hurt,  or he knows but doesn't care..  Have you tried talking with him about it?

July 6, 2016 10:12 PM MDT

@NellOdd - Good luck. I hope you manage to either resolve or extract yourself from the situation.

July 6, 2016 10:14 PM MDT

No.

No.

I don't know.

July 7, 2016 9:00 AM MDT

sounds like it

July 9, 2016 9:19 PM MDT