Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Guys, would you date a woman who has never really dated /has had abusive past?

Guys, would you date a woman who has never really dated /has had abusive past?

Yet is kind, giving, loving, humorous  ? I decline guys b/c I just feel they'd think me strange for never dating (b/c of trauma/abuse) or that I'm 'tainted' somehow because of abuse in past...  then I feel so sad for being nervous about it/declining :(  I just want the chance to feel good about me, and have intimacy yet fear a man distancing himself :(

Posted - January 5, 2017

Responses

• I still would. It would be more difficult for both people involved though. I would have to be understanding of your past and you would have to be understanding in that I may not fully understand. It might be more difficult but I would still give it my all.
      January 5, 2017 4:52 PM MST

Thanks so much for your reply C. It made me feel so uplifted that I'm not someone who is just destined to never date, and be alone...  I had severe emotional and also physical abuse growing up, so feeling worthy of anyone, is a task I'm trying to achieve. I often feel guys will sense it and just ditch me:/ They tell me I'm pretty , nice, so open etc, yet I can never 'truly ' believe it- I still identify with low/weak .... I'm so glad some guys would give me a chance .... have a nice night C ..
      January 5, 2017 5:54 PM MST

Lots of talking and no action unless she herself initiate it. And do not ask how it feels to be abused
      January 5, 2017 6:42 PM MST

So you have done that before (lots talking/no action) or, that is what you'd do if you did date someone who hasn't dated much/abused in past... ?
      January 5, 2017 6:56 PM MST

It is what I would do if i was dating such a lady :)
      January 5, 2017 7:18 PM MST

Aww :)  Thanks J..   that is really admirable, and makes me feel so good; to know that a thing like a woman not really having dating experience wouldn't deter all men.. *huggg
      January 5, 2017 7:43 PM MST

• I'm sure it is something you think and worry about more than any possible  suitor  would. Anyone who would be specifically attracted to, or would runaway from such a history of a person probably isn't all that worthwhile to begin with.
      January 6, 2017 5:12 AM MST

im going thru the same situation only guys wont even bother asking me out on dates, ever, not sure why
      January 6, 2017 3:30 PM MST