Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Any of you 20 million folks who have insurance under AHCA believe having no health insurance at all would be better than AHCA? How and why?

Any of you 20 million folks who have insurance under AHCA believe having no health insurance at all would be better than AHCA? How and why?

Posted - January 6, 2017

Responses

I am not one of the people with insurance through Obamacare. I am one of the uninsured. 

I am uninsured because I refuse to pay hundreds of  dollars per month for insurance that has a deductible so high that I will never meet it. I am not going to pay thousands of dollars annually just so I can have a meaningless insurance card which would raise my healthcare costs. (If I have were to have them submit to ins they do not give as much discount for cash payment) I can apply the money to pay cash that I would have paid to insurance. 
    I do not pay the fine either. 
      January 6, 2017 6:19 AM MST

So YOU are the parasitic leech freeloader my $400 emergency room charge went to cover....;-D...

How do you KNOW you'll never exceed the deductible of your insurance policy? Have you ever had a major illness? If not, I suggest you're simply pulling that prediction out of your hindquarters with wishful thinking.

Now, not being a selfish freeloader like you, I DON'T MIND paying the $400 emergency room charge (that's just to walk in the door, treatment was billed seperately) to cover treatment for selfish freeloaders like you. I'd rather pay it as a $20/month tax rather than all at once, but that makes too much sense and would cut into insurance company profits, so we don't do it that way.

Note: my "freeloader" epithets are meant 95% in jest. I realize some people are put in untenable positions by our current health care "system." But that's why we should FIX the system, not abandon it.
      January 6, 2017 2:57 PM MST

not sure what that is but ive had 5 surgeries without insurance and it didnt stop me from having any of them
      January 6, 2017 2:48 PM MST