Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » In a scale from 1 to 5, where do your cooking skills fall? What would be your signature dish? Noodles and chips don't count. )

In a scale from 1 to 5, where do your cooking skills fall? What would be your signature dish? Noodles and chips don't count. )

Id say im about a three. 
I can maneuver my way around some shrimp scampi with garlic sauce over linguini, with a side of medium rare steak. 
You?

Posted - January 7, 2017

Responses

• How impressed do you want you want to be )
    Pizza bases? check.
    Custard from scratch? check.
    Pastry? yes.
    Pies? well you know all about that.
    Cooking everything from scratch? yes.

But here's a little secret. I cannot cook a soft-boiled egg. I've approached the whole soft-boiling thing scientifically and still fail.

So the old addage - 'I can't even boil an egg' actually applies. I will overcome.

January 8, 2017 3:51 AM MST

• Oh man, that's a 4.5 .  .  . At least!
    Yes, very impressed.
    How about crispy edge pancakes?
      January 8, 2017 4:37 AM MST

• I din't see why not, must be easier than an egg )
      January 8, 2017 5:39 AM MST

• I dint know,making  a good pancake is easier said than done. About the egg. 
    An egg? 
    After the cakes you make? 
    Hard to believe.
      January 8, 2017 8:28 AM MST

• It's a sad sight, me a stopwatch, a detailed instructions ... some kind of set square and a sprit level. You name it, I've tried )
    But yes, thank you my lovely. It's the simple things that can be the most elusive to master.
      January 8, 2017 10:57 AM MST

• It's ok, Its not your fault, I heard that in England, like in Norway, the water boils in the opposite direction. So I understand.  )
      January 10, 2017 9:04 AM MST

• What what? 
    If it's the last thing I do it will be soft-boil an egg. It is my oeufy Moby Dick, my eggy nemesis.

What can't you do, just curious. Probably not a lot because you will tell it why it's wrong and why you're right and to do as it's told. 

)
      January 10, 2017 9:11 AM MST

• Hm, 
    I can't pogo stick, or ice skate.
    Hey, can you ice skate?
      January 10, 2017 9:19 AM MST

• Ermm, no. Stop it )
      January 10, 2017 9:20 AM MST

• Between a 2 and 3. I can make really great homemade pancakes and my chicken and dumplins turn out really well too. I make my own dumplins, not just pinching off canned biscuit dough and throwing it in.  
      January 8, 2017 11:00 AM MST

• Finally, a pancake aficionado.
    Edges?
    When you say homemade, you mean scratch?
    I can't figure out how to make pancakes from scratch, without them tasting really eggy, with sort of a gummy texture. So I do Box. (
    Good one on the dumplings!!
    Thanks K.
      January 10, 2017 9:09 AM MST

• Yes, from scratch, not a mix or from a box. :)
      January 11, 2017 1:53 AM MST

• That's actually alright.
      January 18, 2017 8:05 PM MST

Umm my signature dish....not one ....many....I'm not such a bad cook;))
      January 18, 2017 8:14 PM MST