Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump has made a career out of denying things he said/did that are on tape. He's caught redhanded. Some folks still believe him. Why?

Trump has made a career out of denying things he said/did that are on tape. He's caught redhanded. Some folks still believe him. Why?

They refuse to believe what they see or hear. They only believe what he tells them to believe. I have never heard of anything as absurd as that. Have you?

Posted - January 9, 2017

Responses

Those would be Obama and Clinton people believing fake news put out by the WH in my opinion. 
      January 9, 2017 8:35 AM MST

Really Sunshine? You have ignored the main point of question to drag in Obama and Clinton who have nothing whatsoever to do with it. Why do you that? Do you really think I don't notice? I notice. :(
      January 9, 2017 11:13 AM MST

We live in a soundbite era, media misrepresent comments and omit context so often that people have become distrusting of them altogether. I suspect it's similar to the boy who cried wolf. The great media megaphone has been so abused for so long that their dirt is largely ignored.

There will always be people who choose not to be convinced, but I think many believe Hollywood and the media were* perfectly content profiting off the Trump persona and name (regardless of what a scumbag they believed him to be) until he challenged their ideas. They didn't care before, why should his supporters care now?

Just my thoughts on the matter. This post was edited by ForkNdaRoad at January 10, 2017 4:51 AM MST
      January 9, 2017 8:48 AM MST

Thank you for your reply FNR. I am talking about things that are on tape...video and audio..that are untampered with and PRECISELY WHAT THE PERSON said which he refutes. Nothing else. Happy Monday! :)
      January 9, 2017 11:15 AM MST

Oh I know, I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm not saying they're right, just pointing out the sentiment I've noticed.
      January 9, 2017 3:52 PM MST

Hello Rosie:

Clearly, the right wing has gone completely nuts.  EVIDENCE and FACT no longer matter.. 

Look.. I was a Bill Clinton supporter..  But, when he looked into that camera and shook his finger at me, and LIED through his teeth about having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, he was DIRT as far as I was concerned..  Once someone LIES to me, I'll NEVER believe them again...

WHY that is NOT so with right wingers baffles me no end...

excon This post was edited by excon at January 9, 2017 11:15 AM MST
      January 9, 2017 9:12 AM MST

Once again excon we are peas in pod so to speak. That was when Billy Boy lost me too. I do not suffer liars calmly. I have a very long memory. Once I brand you as a liar I have no use for you. Of course I don't mean YOU. I am talking generically. Which is why we both can't figure out the Trump supporters. He lies all the time and they don't care. They defend him all the time and they don't care. There is something very weird about that. As if they were all brainwashed to  believe a set script and regurgigate  the same words by rote
    at every opportunity. If they are hypnotized/brainwashed excon which is what I expect is true they will NEVER have a clue. None. We cannot expect logic or reason from them since they live in an alternate universe called Trump . I think they are all lost souls personally and there will be no coming back from it. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 9, 2017 11:22 AM MST

Because Trump supporters are, by and large, authoritarians/Social Dominance-oriented and, as the research shows....

"A high [right-wing authoritarian] can have all sorts of illogical, self-contradictory and widely refuted ideas rattling around in various boxes in his brain, and never notice it. . . .Research reveals that authoritarian followers drive through life under the influence of impaired thinking a lot more than most people do, exhibiting sloppy reasoning, highly compartmentalized beliefs, double standards, hypocrisy, self-blindness, a profound ethnocentrism, and — to top it all off — a ferocious dogmatism that makes it unlikely anyone could ever change their minds with evidence or logic."

(From sociologist Bob Altemeyer's book The Authoritarians, via Glenn Greenwald)

Thus, when one of TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ lies, it's an indictment of all STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ and an indication of their moral bankruptcy.

When Der Pumpkinfuhrer lies (which he does A LOT), well...it's just an exaggeration in service of The Just Cause.
      January 9, 2017 11:33 AM MST

not sure why
      January 9, 2017 3:33 PM MST