Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » It is so easy to be 100% loyal to a person/ideology. No thinking required. Thinking is hard. Why do it if ya don't hafta?

It is so easy to be 100% loyal to a person/ideology. No thinking required. Thinking is hard. Why do it if ya don't hafta?

Blind unquestioning acceptance. How hard is that? Piece of cake.

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

• Not hard for most but some fall right into it! Evil History.
      January 10, 2017 7:43 AM MST

AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply and the evil graphic. Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 10, 2017 10:08 AM MST

• Blind unquestioning acceptance!
      January 10, 2017 1:26 PM MST

I don't think it's easy to be 100% loyal to anything, but especially an ideology / person. Ideologies are usually built on platitudes and the subscribers are never as perfect in practice as the platitudes (which also fall short) sound aloud.

I've met very few people who wholly practice the ideology they espouse. They're usually happy to hold others to it, but often they pick an choose how it applies to themselves. Very few exceptions.

I don't have an ideology I'm 100% loyal to for this very reason. Things are rarely so black and white. I have a set of principles that govern my interaction with others and comprise what I think ethical human interaction is in practice, but I've yet to find an ideology that even merits 100% commitment.

I'll grant that free-thought doesn't make one's life easier.
      January 10, 2017 8:07 AM MST

Walking that path ain't easy my friend. It takes dedication, determination and agility! More power to you! Thank you for your thoughtful reply FNR and Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 10, 2017 10:09 AM MST

True and loyalty is overrated. Ever notice that the people who demand total loyalty are usually the same ones who'd rather not discuss the ethical implications of their actions? lol Bit of a pattern there.

Likewise Rosie :)

January 10, 2017 11:21 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Thinking IS hard.  That's why I'm glad our founders did the thinking for me.  When I wanna see if something is right, I read the Constitution..  Fortunately, they didn't use any big words.

excon
      January 10, 2017 8:25 AM MST

Hah! Thank you for your reply excon. SIGH. :)
      January 10, 2017 10:06 AM MST