Discussion » Questions » answerMug » It's my habit to 'like' the question I answered, but I'm unable to see the 'like' button for questions on answermug,where is it?

It's my habit to 'like' the question I answered, but I'm unable to see the 'like' button for questions on answermug,where is it?

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

• Look right above your name in your question.  
      January 10, 2017 4:58 PM MST

Thank you Glis but when I tried to like Zack's question which I answered, the webpage didn't allow the action,why so?
      January 10, 2017 5:04 PM MST

• The site is glitchy sometimes.  IOS supposedly has an even harder time.
      January 10, 2017 6:52 PM MST

• I think it's location moves around depending on your hardware and browser... I'm on a tablet using Firefox... For me it appears in a line under a person's response... Where the date timestamp is ... Good luck
      January 10, 2017 5:08 PM MST

Thank you Ozgirl,on my iPad the icon is above the question,but it's not functional;((
      January 10, 2017 5:11 PM MST

It maybe a glitch with Apple. I use Android mobile and haven't had problems with liking. But I know there are some glitches with mobile devices with chat so this maybe another.
      January 10, 2017 5:16 PM MST

Oh,then the problem might lie with my device,thank you,my2cents!
      January 10, 2017 5:18 PM MST

• That's ok ... When you consider the different hardware and sizes of devices and different browsers ... That should behave the same but don't... It's a wonder that anything works anywhere :)
      January 10, 2017 5:23 PM MST

So true;))
      January 10, 2017 5:40 PM MST

• :)
      January 10, 2017 11:20 PM MST

We've moved beyond that.
      January 10, 2017 7:02 PM MST

We're still ironing out issues. Someone else reported the same issue last weekend, but said it only happened once and I think it was on an iPhone as well. You can try refreshing the page if it happens again-I don't think this is a repetitive issue or something that happens across all devices, though I haven't gotten much feedback regarding it.

I'm also not sure what you mean when you say it's not functional. Did you get an error? Did it not respond at all? Did it do something else? (These things matter when we're trying to troubleshoot and fix.)

Asking questions about it is fine, but I don't see all the questions, so if you think you've stumbled upon an uncorrected glitch, please shoot me an email or use the feedback tab to report it, so I can make sure it gets added to our list of issues and gets addressed by the developer.
      January 10, 2017 7:54 PM MST

Hi JA,
    when I wrote that the like button is not functional, I meant that there was some error. I did get a response,the following information popped up in a tabular form :

People Who Like This Forum Topic
    All(2)Friends(0)
    MrWitch
    MrWitch
    Baba
    Baba

I got the above info when I tried to give a 'like' to the question - Are you a great complainer?
    Thanks for taking up the matter JA,like you informed,this must be an issue with Apple products. This post was edited by Veena.K at January 10, 2017 10:06 PM MST
      January 10, 2017 9:44 PM MST

I'm trying to see the feedback tab,I will surely email you,if this problem persists.
      January 10, 2017 9:50 PM MST

Please forgive my chicken scratches because I did this on the fly.

The one I've circled and put a #1 by is the like button for the question. The one I underlined and put a #2 by is the counter- it will only tell you how many likes something has and who liked it. I hope to have the developer move both of these buttons once we finish working out the true glitches, so they'll be more obvious... possibly into the box with the actual question. 

The feedback tab is under "home" on the main menu. You should also see FAQ/Help there- that has tutorials and stuff that can help you use different features on the site. 

January 11, 2017 12:12 AM MST

Hi JA,your illustration helped me find the like button,yes,it seems to be working too,once again thank you for your assistance!
      January 11, 2017 5:58 PM MST

its that little hand that has its thumb up
      January 10, 2017 9:44 PM MST

Thank you Pearl!
      January 11, 2017 5:58 PM MST