Active Now

my2cents
Zack
DannyPetti
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Did you hear the insane dialog his idiot parents gave about this KILLER of the Dallas police. Shouldn't they be charged? Shouldn't they have reported him a lot sooner?

Did you hear the insane dialog his idiot parents gave about this KILLER of the Dallas police. Shouldn't they be charged? Shouldn't they have reported him a lot sooner?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/14/us/dallas-police-headquarters-shooting/index.html

Posted - July 8, 2016

Responses

I'm not sure what they could have reported.

Mr. Boulware (the police shooter) had plenty of contact with the legal system. People testified as to his mental instability at various proceedings (such as custody battles). If our legal system did not react to those reports, I'm not sure how anything the parents said would have prompted a law enforcement response.

But I thank you for the link. It would appear a violent act we had been attributing to a greater political struggle (the frustration of the African-American community about police violence against them) turns out to be motiviated by the individual struggles of one mentally-disturbed individual.

July 8, 2016 11:00 AM MDT

I know you are right, one more nut slides through the cracks in the overworked system.  This overworked system is going to bring down Amerika a lot faster than Al Quaeda.

I just cannot get past a guy going to mow his parent's lawn a few hours before he "cracks" with an armored van filled with bombs.   The parents didn't even notice anything strange.   That is because they are used to this guy and his behavior. And the parents  are probably used to it because they HAVE tried to report it and nothing was done.

I know one thing.  We cannot lay this one at the feet of an Alligator at Disneyland.

July 8, 2016 11:20 AM MDT

Did you hear the dad? "Where does a white male get help? "There's the problem right there. 

I get the lawn mowing thing, though. He was calculated. I bet he thought he was going to get away with it. Kill some people, slip out of town for a few days. He was covering his tracks trying to appear normal for his dad. He was smart enough to convince his dad everything was normal, but dumb enough to think he'd get away with mass murder. 

July 8, 2016 1:48 PM MDT

JA, I think you and Old School both are pointing out a very valid point.

I really cannot get mad at the parents.  They don't sound none too bright, but that is not their fault.  The fault lies in the fact that once again, everyone looks the other way at the obvious signs because there are SO many nuts in the court system it is hard to care for them all.

I do believe this will continue until we have a total police state.  There is nothing else to be done with this kind of activity springing up everywhere.  Pretty soon we will have to account for every breath we take or lose people on a daily basis, like this tragedy.    

We have too many INSANE people living free on this globe.  That is what will kill us all.  We try to be law abiding and the laws are killing us and protecting the insane. 

His driving up to his parent's house in an armored van would have alerted more aware minds.  LOL  (not funny)

July 8, 2016 1:54 PM MDT

Quick point of order: The person in your link is NOT the Dallas Police shooter of July 7, 2016. Take a look at the date of the story (June 14, 2015).

Yes, I know. America has so many mass shootings/cop shootings it's hard to keep them all straight. But when something like this comes up in the news, we need to be careful WHICH INCIDENT we are reading about.

Otherwise, it's easy to draw bad inferences about what actually happened.

July 8, 2016 3:38 PM MDT

Good catch. I totally missed that.

July 8, 2016 3:47 PM MDT

I just linked it to Sharonna over on MM's post.  Here's the sniper from last night.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

July 8, 2016 3:55 PM MDT

@Bozette --

While I believe Mr. Johnson's views/actions DO NOT reflect those of the larger Black Lives Matter organization (and similar organizations opposed to police abuse), it does appear his actions were motiviated by an ideological dislike of police, not a personal one.

July 8, 2016 4:03 PM MDT

I cannot speak to the man's views or motives.  He reportedly had no ties to the BLM or any other movement, though he may have supported the NBP ideology.  He was said to have told police during the standoff that he wanted to kill white people, especially police.  

July 8, 2016 4:16 PM MDT

2015.  Look at the date.

July 8, 2016 8:35 PM MDT

havent heard about it, not sure whats going on

July 9, 2016 7:25 PM MDT