Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Class is defined by how much money you have rather than the nature of your character/how you treat people. Are all billionaires classy?

Class is defined by how much money you have rather than the nature of your character/how you treat people. Are all billionaires classy?

Posted - January 12, 2017

Responses

• Like anyone from a lower class, some billionaires are and some aren't. I know a family that has several houses around the US and even own about five mountains in North Carolina. Their house is worth a couple million alone. Anyway, they are some of the nicest people. I'd say they had quite a bit of class. Of course, I've met some that are complete jerks that lord their wealth in everyone's faces.
      January 12, 2017 6:23 AM MST

So money isn't the basis of being classy! Good. Of course I completely agree with thee CTG. One of the classiest people I have ever met was a janitor who worked at a company I worked at many years ago. His name was Joe and he was the sweetest/kindest/nicest man. Very gentle, very modest, very good as far as I could tell. He'd come into the office at 5 o'clock and start emptying trash cans and cleaning/dusting. I usually hung in for awhile to finish up things I couldn't get to during the day because I was interrupted so often. I'd usually leave about 5:30pm so I'd be there daily when he came in and we'd chat daily for a few minutes. We developed a friendship in fact. One day around the holidays he asked me where I lived. I told him. It was about 3 miles from work. He asked if he could come over the next day at a certain time because he had something to give me. So tomorrow came (it was a Saturday) and I went down to the door at the time he said he'd be there. What he had was a HUGE tray of Mexican food. His wife had made all of it. From tamales to enchiladas to Mexican sweets. I was overwhelmed. I had nothing for him. I didn't know what to say. He  said that he told his wife about me and she wanted to say thank you. This was almost 40 years ago. I still tear up when I think about it. I guess most folks didn't ever pay any attention to him. You never know who is out there watching and listening. Anyway I just wanted to share that with you. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday!  :)
      January 12, 2017 9:23 AM MST

• Oh wow, that is quite a story. There are some good people left in this world. Before I was married and moved out, my family had a yearly tradition around Christmastime that we would choose one family from the college my dad attended. Most of the families there were new families that were struggling. We would buy a really large bin and in the bin, we would place all kinds of gifts from toys and clothes for the children to food and practical items for all of them. We would anonymously place it on their doorstep a day or so before Christmas so they would have something to open on Christmas morning. It was quite fun.
      January 12, 2017 9:47 AM MST

What an awesome thing to do Corey! Seriously! How nice to have such a splendid family memories! Good for you and your family! Thank you for sharing that with me. I appreciate it! :)
      January 12, 2017 9:50 AM MST

it should be defined by character
      January 12, 2017 1:54 PM MST