Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If you don't conform to the religious/political standards "others" set you're called "INAUTHENTIC". Who the he** are they to say anyway?

If you don't conform to the religious/political standards "others" set you're called "INAUTHENTIC". Who the he** are they to say anyway?

Do  you allow others to define you? Why?

Posted - January 12, 2017

Responses

• LOL well that's a mad idea isn't it.. that others believe someone who doesn't share the same faith as them makes the one who disagrees somehow lacking in authenticity!  It's illogical, as surely the one who stands up for their difference of belief IS more authentic.. they stand by what they believe even if it isn't the same as the majority.

I have never allowed people to judge me.. well sure they probably do, but since I really don't care of value their judgement it really doesn't affect how i feel about myself.. I am pretty strong that way.. I get if from my mum, who had a LOT of faults but was pretty wise and said to thine own self be true... in other words WE have to live with ourselves and our actions and so only WE can judge ourselves.

I tend to especially de-value pompous windbag types who think that only they are right :P
      January 12, 2017 9:24 AM MST

So can Trump claim he is a Democrat? Will take that at face value. 

Can Muslim imam claim to be Christian but yet not believe the Bible is the word of God and still preach from the Koran? 

Can a Catholic say I am Muslim now but the Koran is wrong...I still only believe in the Catholic Bible?

Can a person just claim what they want regardless of facts? And never be called on it.
      January 12, 2017 9:37 AM MST

• Wellllllllll in fairness, no one said that they could. You are correct that the examples you gave would be inauthentic.  However, technically speaking the question didn't ask that.. it asked whether not conforming to another's idea of what is right and wrong in terms of belief systems.  The question also asked whether we allow other's opinions on those lines to define us.
      January 12, 2017 9:44 AM MST

Yes is what the question says. 

Who the he** are they to say anyway?

January 12, 2017 10:55 AM MST

•   January 12, 2017 9:53 AM MST

i dont conform to anyone, id rather be myself
      January 12, 2017 11:39 AM MST