Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Honey Dew
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Do all bullets striking flesh hurt equally? Are some bullets more painful than others when they hit their targets? Why?

Do all bullets striking flesh hurt equally? Are some bullets more painful than others when they hit their targets? Why?

Posted - July 9, 2016

Responses

I would think the larger the bullet the more pain. Disregarding the entry point.
      July 9, 2016 6:31 AM MDT

Well it depends on where they Hit...    But the larger sized bullets generally do more damage.. The size of a bullet is called it's caliber... The same sized bullet can do more damage if it is accelerated to a higher speed.. Mass x velocity.. For instance a 22 bullet can come with a small casing charge of gunpowder as in a 22 magnum round that leaves the Barrel at 2000 Feet Per Second on average.. or it can come with a very large charge in the form of a 22- 250 round that leaves the barrel at around 4200 feet per second....  You need two different rifles to fire these different rounds..  I used to own a 223 caliber which had a speed of 3200 Feet per second..

July 9, 2016 6:51 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c. Don't some bullets tear the flesh apart while others just hit the body and sail right through?

July 9, 2016 9:55 AM MDT

it sounds like theyre all painful, no matter which bullet it is

July 9, 2016 4:53 PM MDT