Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Which stranger's death affected you most? Why?

Which stranger's death affected you most? Why?

Posted - January 20, 2017

Responses

I know, right?  It makes you wonder what ever happened to the work ethic. Go figure. 
    ~
      February 14, 2017 5:28 AM MST

I recall some missing children cases in the media where it turns out the parents have viciously murdered them.  Some of those made me cry.

I cried when John Lennon was shot, when the astronauts of Challenger died, and Princess Diana.  

I certainly have attended funerals of young people I never knew that maybe was a classmate of one of my kids.  Those are killers and that will often have me in tears for many days.
      January 21, 2017 4:29 PM MST

• I liked your answer, for whatever that's worth.
    I hate it when people of.gentle spirit, that inspire so many, die.
    Maybe people should live as long and proportional to how.much good they do for others.
      January 21, 2017 5:21 PM MST

I know.  It really bothers me to see others hurt, and that is another reason an untimely death hits me hard.  I look at those that DO know them and it really strikes a chord in me.
      January 21, 2017 5:25 PM MST

• I understand, I think feeling so deeply the pain and suffering of others is a gift. I feel that those impervious to.other people's pain are deficient somehow, lacking somewhere. Thanks for sharing Peapod
      January 21, 2017 8:56 PM MST

You are welcome.  It's always a pleasure to chat with someone else that understands that.
      January 21, 2017 9:56 PM MST

• Cary Grant. When I found out he died, I started crying like a baby. I have no idea why, I had never cried over the death of a celebrity before. 
      January 21, 2017 10:16 PM MST