Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What's your take on the events that taken place since Trumps win?

What's your take on the events that taken place since Trumps win?

Posted - January 23, 2017

Responses

My take? My take is that the the popular vote hates the current POTUS. Unlike all of the Chump supporters, they won't forget what came out of that big fat mouth during the Presidential campaign.
      January 23, 2017 9:41 AM MST

• I am not as well up on the events as some.. but my feeling is...that Trump gets everything he deserves.. he's a very unpleasant man, he has said and done some truly awful things.. and made a lot of enemies.. He is deeply unpopular, and personally I can fully see why although the Trump supporters seem in denial about many of the facts regarding why.

I did hear that Trump is having trouble with his own people now... not surprising as Trump is far from a team player.. .

January 23, 2017 9:44 AM MST

Bizarre.  How about, Kellyanne Conway says Donald Trump’s team has ‘alternative facts.’ Which pretty much says it all.
      January 23, 2017 9:48 AM MST

She might as well have come right out and said that Trump's team lies.
      January 23, 2017 10:39 AM MST

That is the way I understood it. But of course there will be others who will have a different take on it I am sure.
      January 23, 2017 10:56 AM MST

Right - anyone who can't admit that Trump is not as popular as he thinks.
      January 23, 2017 1:44 PM MST

I'm thrilled that the women's march was a peaceful event with zero arrests, and organizers and participants complying to necessary changes due to the incredible turnout.

I'm trying to remain hopeful that Trump's people will be able to manage his behavior to some degree and that his followers will open their eyes and realize that he's determined to model himself after Putin and destroy our freedoms (speech, press). I'm very concerned about the environment and what's going to become of people who are dependent on federally funded programs in order to live. Trump has demonstrated that he has no concern for either of these.
      January 23, 2017 10:12 AM MST

• As long as you've asked, here goes. Now remember, never ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer. The pathetic display of women in the street acting like spoiled brats and bullies was more than over the top. It's difficult to find the language that properly illustrates the vulgarity, rabid fanaticism and thoroughly obnoxious efforts to spread, bile, venom and hatred. It made me appreciate the very classy women I've known, respected and cherished in my lifetime. 
      January 23, 2017 1:14 PM MST

They were out there by the millions.  Guess broad brushing them all into one description makes you feel better.
      January 23, 2017 1:56 PM MST

I agree with you driftwood, some were interviewed and didn't have a clue what they were there for.did you listen to the illiterate garbage mouth Madonna ? and the Libs complain about Trump (hypocrites)
      January 23, 2017 2:31 PM MST

• I remember you telling me about Madonna the other day.. however, it wouldn't be quite true to call her illiterate as she has demonstrated clearly the opposite during her long career. It may be true to say that on that occasion her speech was not impressive, (I don't know I haven't seen it). I would wonder, in the interests of logic and accuracy too whether you can accurately say that everyone who complains about Trump is a leftist or a lib..  However, you are entitled to your opinion, as always.
      January 23, 2017 3:18 PM MST