Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What is your take on why Trump wants to complain about illegal voters on the heels of his own win?

What is your take on why Trump wants to complain about illegal voters on the heels of his own win?

This seems highly irresponsible and is doing nothing but irritating many members of his own party and most of the country that is hearing this garbage.

WHY would a newly elected president suddenly start yapping about such things when he is already fighting a battle to be taken serious?  Is he implying that HE didn't win legitimately?  I don't hear the Dems fighting the election results.  Is this his way of planting the seeds of hunting down illegal immigrants?  I really want to know.

I think he's making a big mistake with saying such things without fact.  He is the President of the United States and I think he needs to shut it until he has proof.  

This is going to be a looooooooong four years.

Posted - January 24, 2017

Responses

• Because Trump has a self-destructive personality. His mind gets stuck on one thing and it can't stop. It doesn't matter if facts and pragmatics try to intervene. 
      January 24, 2017 5:11 PM MST

This is scary to me.  Even putting politics aside, it is frightening that he spews this stuff and stands behind it like a badge of honor.  I am really wondering if he doesn't have some sort of brain disorder.
      January 24, 2017 5:34 PM MST

• You only just started to wonder?
      January 25, 2017 1:41 PM MST

When you scratch below the surface, most egotistical people are actually very insecure.   Even though he knows he won the election, failure to win the popular vote undermines his confidence.   This is his way of rationalizing it.

Most of the members of his party were irritated with him before this.  They didn't like him then.  They don't like him now.

I agree he is making a big mistake.  But, the dude is 70.  He ain't a changin' his ways at this point in his life.

It won't be a long four years.  It will prove to be quite entertaining, if nothing else.  I said it before and I will say it again.  Paul Ryan and Mike Pence have plans.  Oh, yes.  They have plans.  And, they are bigly ones. 
      January 24, 2017 5:21 PM MST

It's just blowing me away that he himself is doing this with NO factual data.  It's one thing for bias news to start a rumor, but shocking to see a President do it.  He is losing credibility with people he has to work with.
      January 24, 2017 5:35 PM MST

You made the comment to me on another thread that you have watched him for a long time.  This really is nothing new for him.  He just can't help himself.  No, it's not Presidential but he can't change his personality.  I feel a little sorry for Sean Spicer.  He's got a tough gig.
      January 24, 2017 5:46 PM MST

I have visions of even Sean Spicer resigning because even he can't keep up the front for good old Donald. 

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at January 25, 2017 5:21 AM MST
      January 24, 2017 9:13 PM MST

Thinking that he is autistic
    and can't help being 
    as he is.
      January 24, 2017 5:40 PM MST

I think Donald is a pure narcissist.  Usually autistic people are more introverted.
      January 24, 2017 9:14 PM MST

• Magicians call it sleight of hand .. while you're watching his left hand ....
      January 24, 2017 5:50 PM MST

Bahahaha!
    kids hand source slight meid

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at January 25, 2017 10:21 AM MST
      January 24, 2017 9:22 PM MST

Trump simply cannot bear the fact that Hillary Clinton received THREE AND A HALF MILLION more votes than Trump did. His fragile and massive ego won't let him forget this blow to his self-perception.

Is he unbalanced? Yes, decidedly so. We can only hope and pray that he doesn't do something VERY foolish before those around him can finally realize that he has to be stopped and removed from the presidency.
      January 24, 2017 7:15 PM MST

My biggest fear right now is that he will so fumble things up that he will be forced to resign and then we get Michael Pence in there.  Pence is a lot smoother, but would be bad on a whole other level with his extreme views.
      January 24, 2017 9:24 PM MST

That's an excellent point, but for now I prefer even Pence to the wild man Trump. Pence, although far out there, presumably would play by the rules.
      January 24, 2017 11:29 PM MST

You have a point there.  I suppose if Donald had to step down, Pence would be put under a magnifying glass.  There is no way America would sit on their hands if Pence ever tried to force his views into policy.
      January 25, 2017 9:10 AM MST

Since THE DONALD "can't be wrong,and he said the election was rigged,he won IN SPITE of the rigging.

There is a scene in the movie,CITIZEN KANE(Trumps favorite movie,btw)
    Kane is running for office and when it becomes clear he has lost,he says to the  printer,"Well I guess  we bbetter run the headline!
    This one ? asks the printer: Kane Wins in Landslide...
    No says Kane the other one: Fraud At Polls........
      January 25, 2017 12:05 AM MST

Sounds like the movie is quite fitting.  Makes me want to see it again.  It's been a long time.

January 25, 2017 9:12 AM MST

I don't know that there was 3.5 million fraudulent votes. But I know there are illegals who voted. I know there are dead people who voted. I know there are people registered to vote in more than one state.  I know there are people who voted more than once. I do know that in Detroit there were more votes casted than there were registered voters.   

This post was edited by my2cents at January 25, 2017 3:20 PM MST
      January 25, 2017 6:18 AM MST

What evidence are you aware of that the rest of us aren't?  I don't want any president making such statements before he has a solid case.  It's irresponsible at best.  I would like to think the man has bigger fish to fry right now in running the country.
      January 25, 2017 9:15 AM MST

January 25, 2017 10:51 AM MST

Look...let's just say all these media sources are on to something.  I do not believe the President should be opening his mouth and claiming there are MILLIONS of fraudulent votes without having full proof.  

I'll say it again.  Considering the important things on this man's desk right now, it's reckless to make exaggerated statements.  Even Congressmen and Senators in his own party are outraged he is doing this.  
      January 25, 2017 11:42 AM MST

The establishment are still outraged he got elected. (Both sides) We have voter fraud, why would we not do what we can to eliminate it?
    President Trump has been in office for just a few days and talking about the voter fraud has not stopped him from causing jobs to come to the US and stay in the US. He is actually trying to keep campaign promises.  The wall is coming, repeal and replace of OC is coming. Oil pipelines are coming. Defunding santuary cities, defunding Planned Parenthood is happening. Talking about voter fraud is not stopping any of it. This post was edited by my2cents at January 25, 2017 3:22 PM MST
      January 25, 2017 1:36 PM MST

Why DON'T you know? The numbers have been all over the news for WEEKS now. Hillary beat Trump in the popular vote hands down. What you DO know as you stated is infinitesimally small potatoes.
      January 25, 2017 11:08 AM MST

Why don't I know the exact number of fraudulent votes?   How am I supposed to know the exact number?
      January 25, 2017 11:24 AM MST