Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Sez Hoo? It can cripple you physically/emotionally/mentally. Have you been crippled by life?

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Sez Hoo? It can cripple you physically/emotionally/mentally. Have you been crippled by life?

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

• But Rosie ... You may miss the point here... We survive despite what life throws at us :)
      January 28, 2017 6:50 AM MST

• No, life hadn't crippled me in the least. Everyone has a story, mine might have someone else crippled, but in my case, I pulled through, and am a stronger person because of it.
      January 28, 2017 6:54 AM MST

• Sez me, that's hoo. I've been at the brink of death and made a complete recovery. And you do come away with a different perspective that includes a newly found strength you didn't know existed. Death is always something that happens to other people until you begin to fight for your life. You take measure of your own mortality and come back loving life and valuing what you have like never before. Scarred and crippled? not at all. Reinforced with vitality is more like it. I've been different over the last ten years and I gotta tell ya, I like the change.
      January 28, 2017 7:29 AM MST

yes, lots of times, like not being able to get a job
      January 28, 2017 8:35 PM MST