Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do wondering/investigative/research types enjoy life more/less than the incurious? Which are you and why?

Do wondering/investigative/research types enjoy life more/less than the incurious? Which are you and why?

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

I'm a little of both, and like both.to each his own.
      January 29, 2017 12:09 PM MST

depends on the person, everyone is different
      January 29, 2017 2:50 PM MST

• I don't think curiosity, or its lack, determines our happiness level; but curious people are better informed. Me? I like to know why (and all those other 'w' words).
      January 29, 2017 5:26 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Didge. If you like to know who, what, where, when, why and find that out aren't you happier for it? Just wonderin'! :)
      January 30, 2017 4:36 AM MST

• I'm usually happy. I haven't yet found that knowledge alters that. Usually. 
      January 30, 2017 2:31 PM MST

Different strokes Didge. I'm very curious. I ask because I don't know and when I learn something and a question is answered substantively and helpfully that makes me happier than I was. I am a perennial student. I love to learn. It's my most favorite thing in the whole entire world selfishly just for me. I take great pleasure in understanding more than I did before. The only way to do that is to become more informed about things. Whatever puzzles me hangs out in my brain until I ask the right question of the right person who can help me solve the puzzle. Do you know when I was a kid after the second week of summer vacation I counted the days till school started? I was bored to death. I was always happiest in class LEARNING. In fact when I was very little(3 I think) my first experience with "school" (it  was nursery school) was very disappointing. My mom used to play school with me at home every day. That involved paper and pencil and writing things down. My first day of nursery school I sat there waiting to learn something. All the kids were playing  and running around like banshees. They ate snacks and took naps but learned NOTHING. I sat in my chair at the desk with pencil and paper my mom had given me and it stayed blank all day. I told my mom I did not want to go back. That's how much I like to learn. I guess it started in the womb! Thank you for your reply. I'll be happier tomorrow than I am today because I will know more than I did yesterday! That's how it works for me! :)
      January 31, 2017 6:14 AM MST

• Interesting. I wish I could say I had enjoyed school but it didn't work out like that. I left at the earliest opportunity and anything I know now is what I learned after that. We're all different.
      January 31, 2017 12:24 PM MST

Very true. It's good that we are turned on by different things otherwise we would constantly be at war with one another because we all wanted the same things. This way we don't get in each other's way and when we find commonalities/similarities we bond. Humans are like that! :)
      February 1, 2017 4:43 AM MST