Active Now

WelbyQuentin
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Ever have feeling of perpetual heart palpitations/flutters?

Ever have feeling of perpetual heart palpitations/flutters?

My sister has been having this for 2 days, with the feeling of constant flutters... mainly all day.. around heart area. Also twitching.. anyone ever feel that?  Does anyone know what may be causing it? She will call her doctor as well tomorrow...

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

seeing that DR is 
    a perfect idea
    best wishes
      January 29, 2017 6:38 PM MST

Definitely call the doctor and get in ASAP. In the mean time, make sure she is well hydrated and keeps stress to a minimum. When I was having flutters it was from being dehydrated. Hopefully that is all it is with your sister, but it is definitely better safe than sorry.
      January 29, 2017 7:02 PM MST

My husband used to have that a lot. The heart Dr put him on Beta blockers.
     Ice cream especially which the Dr did know why the ice cream affected it more than other things. 
    But my husband has figured sugar and caffeine matter a lot for him. His potassium is perfect. Which is something they always check it cannot be too high or too low, either can affect rate rate. 
    They will likely have her wear a heart monitor for a week or two. When it happens a company will call and ask what she was doing at the time to see if there is a pattern. 
      January 29, 2017 8:03 PM MST

Thank you My.... did sugar or caffeine make his heart flutter more? I think she is going to contact doctor tomorrow.. appreciate your feedback.. oh, did the beta blockers help?
      January 29, 2017 8:15 PM MST

Yes the Beta Blockers helped. And yes the sugar/caffeine definitely increased the palpitations. 

This post was edited by my2cents at January 29, 2017 10:45 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 8:18 PM MST

I've had a 'double beat' as far back as I can remember. It generally doesn't start until I get stressed or begin to do physical work. It hasn't acted up lately. The doctor is not concerned about it.
      January 29, 2017 8:19 PM MST

• I used to get heart palpitations and twitches when I had a small notebook or laptop running off an internet key or stick that recieved wifi.
    I am sensitive to cell phones I get headaches from them after a while, but I only ever got heart palpitations from internet sticks that you plug into laptops for some reason???
      January 29, 2017 8:32 PM MST

The most common causes are thyroid problems. Typically hypo and hyperthyroidism. But you want her to see a GP soon to rule out the serious stuff. 
      January 29, 2017 9:34 PM MST

Could be anxiety attacks or atrial fibrilation, which is an erratic heartbeat.  Do get her to an ER or cardiologist ASAP to make sure it's not something truly critical. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at January 30, 2017 10:55 AM MST
      January 30, 2017 10:52 AM MST