Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » The talking heads are yammering as they do every day saying what they said yesterday and will say tomorrow. Repeatedly. For what purpose?

The talking heads are yammering as they do every day saying what they said yesterday and will say tomorrow. Repeatedly. For what purpose?

Nothing changes. It never will. It is always the same. When does boredom set in and they all just become quiet? Until a new/substantive/useful/thoughtful/important/helpful/necessary thing can be said what's the point of saying anything?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

I remember when talking heads actually began. Of course they were not so much talking heads but actual distributors of news and information. There was no junk or scandals per say. It was full news coverage from all sides of the story. They presented the facts and let you come to your own conclusions, no bias. There were a few that stood out, a few that you trusted for accurate news and not fluff or sensationalism. We have a local radio-news channel that replays the news script it seems every three hours. They may change a word here and there but it is the same, nothing new. When something new does come in they add it to the front of the list and everything is sort of pushed back a notch till the last one eventually falls off. There is no original reporting. They glean the news from other stations and report it as thjeir own. They do not credit the original sources of the news as in AP or UPI. It is very obvious when they get it wrong. That is when they start quoting the news sources.
      January 30, 2017 7:44 AM MST

thats what i think about my neighbor, wish she'd be quiet once in a while so i can think, always talks loud in the halls and never shuts up
      January 30, 2017 9:32 AM MST