Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » When travelling, what is your preferred mode? Do you like air, road, sea, or something else?

When travelling, what is your preferred mode? Do you like air, road, sea, or something else?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

• Much more fun. I like flying if there's something to see but I'd rather be on the road and part of what's happening. 
      January 30, 2017 6:17 PM MST

• I'm more of a road trip person because I love roads, maps, driving, and scenery. I'm a bit of a nervous flier too, so I prefer to drive if it's not too long of a distance. 
      January 30, 2017 6:32 PM MST

• Yeah, distance can make air travel more attractive. 
      January 30, 2017 6:55 PM MST

• I don't ever want to go on a cruise, I don't like losing sight of land. I fly if I'm in a hurry or if I have to cross an ocean.
    My all time favorite traveling trip was canoeing and portaging across about 1/2 of Canada with my dad, when I was a young teenager.
      January 30, 2017 8:19 PM MST

• That would have been great, Flo. Well, Not Flo, of course. How did you lay in enough pizza to keep up your energy for that distance? 
      January 30, 2017 8:25 PM MST

• I hadn't had pizza in my life when I was a teen, otherwise, I would never have gone. You know me Didge, can't live without the stuff now.
      January 30, 2017 8:31 PM MST

• I dunno if you saw this but we were talking about demons and exorcism yesterday and I found a picture of what my old buddy's ex looks like now that she's gone to be with Lucifer. (She'll make his life hell.) She's carriyng her handbag. 

January 30, 2017 8:34 PM MST

• Nasty looking woman!!! So, she went to hell WITH her handbag rather than in a hand basket.
      January 30, 2017 8:37 PM MST

• But she did manage to retain her mean look. 
      January 30, 2017 8:39 PM MST

Waaahaha I love it, very good.
      January 31, 2017 5:34 AM MST

Wow.. a beautiful place to have such a wonderful experience.. & to top it off.. with your dad as well... an experience I'd kill for... I bet those memories will be clearly etched in your brain forever.
      February 1, 2017 2:53 AM MST

• The memories are etched BabyDol. We did that about 50 years ago and I still remember the smell of the fish cooking over the open fire. It was a heck of a summer adventure.
      February 1, 2017 5:26 AM MST

• When you're on the water, just because you can't see the land, doesn't mean it isn't down there somewhere. :)
      February 1, 2017 5:51 AM MST

• That's what I'm afraid of Alf. I prefer DRY land. LOL
      February 1, 2017 6:02 AM MST

• To sea or not to sea, that is no longer the question. :)
      February 1, 2017 6:13 AM MST

I like the ground...................cars or rails. 
      January 30, 2017 10:29 PM MST

• Trains are great for commuting but I'd prefer buses for long distance. It's just me, I guess, but it always seems as though you're closer to the scenery. 
      January 31, 2017 12:31 PM MST

Road
      January 31, 2017 11:41 AM MST

• Is good! 
      January 31, 2017 12:32 PM MST

• Land and sea, land and air. Air and sea would also be pleasant but you'd need some land in there too to get you from one to the other. Land, sea, air.
      February 1, 2017 3:09 AM MST

• True that!
      February 1, 2017 3:16 PM MST

• It's about schedule ....

If it's business or emergency, then I take the fastest available.
    If it's for pleasure, most likely, it's on two wheels. (if it's snowing ... four wheels)

February 1, 2017 4:00 AM MST

Hi ALF~  This doesn't surprise me in the least.  You have great taste! Don't smile too widely.  I hear flies need a little chocolate to eat divinely!
      February 1, 2017 9:43 AM MST

• Thanks, Merlin ... un-ex Buddy!  Funny story about eating bugs ... I'm riding my bicycle around the trailer park, where I grew-up, and I stand up, on the peddles, to yell at a friend. A bug(?) goes into my mouth, so far back that I can't get it out, so for fear of being sting or bitten, I swallowed it ... whatever it was!  So, at a very early age, I learned about keeping my mouth shut while riding!  
       Yes, along with the Suzuki, I also have a 2004 BMW R1150RT. Through the years, I've had BSA, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, Benelli and finally I wanted to try a BMW.  You're right, it's a well built bike. I've ridden more brands, mostly street bikes, but stuck with these.

"Everything's better with chocolate on it!"
      February 1, 2017 11:12 AM MST

Hahahahahahaa!  Too funny about the bug in the trailer park!!  You're lucky it wasn't a bee... Ouch!!
      You know what really bugs me?
    I think they get the last laugh.  Why? Being a horse/animal lover, I've had bugs around me more than some.  It doesn't matter I'm going, my mouth always seems to open and they find their way in.  As I'm swallowing them down my throat, I can hear them say, "You should have shut your mouth!"  I've never swallowed a bee, thank goodness.  But, I've been stung on the lips a few times.  That hurt like a big dog.  
    And Yes.  Everything is Better with Chocolate on it!  Hahahahahahaa
      February 1, 2017 11:47 AM MST