Discussion » Questions » answerMug » I'm signed in but "thumbs up" vote does not register. Why is that?

I'm signed in but "thumbs up" vote does not register. Why is that?

I having a tough time learning how to navigate on here. I looked under "FAQ" and "Help" but have a difficult time sitting here for extended periods.

Posted - January 31, 2017

Responses

• I just click on the "Like" and the vote goes right through. Same with liking the question.
      January 31, 2017 6:24 AM MST

• One of the questions I asked yesterday, but don't know where it went was, when I clicked the "Like" in the middle of the page it inverted to a thumbs down icon. The "Thumbs up" to the far right would not register a vote.
      January 31, 2017 6:28 AM MST

• When you click on the "Like" it goes to a Thumbs down but over on the right there is a thumbs up with a number there for the vote.
      January 31, 2017 6:30 AM MST

• Thanks Rooster, but I did not notice the number increase. This site is a pain to get on and when I do it keeps freezing, I can't click anything. I sign into ihavesolved then came back but home page is frozen again. Sometimes the bar to chat comes up but doesn't always stay long. If I select the Chat Now the page shuts down. If I select the Chatrooms I can type something but I get no reply. I saw two notifications but twice before wouldn't let me view them. This is the fourth or fifth try I think. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 2, 2017 8:02 AM MST
      January 31, 2017 7:31 PM MST

When you click on "like" it registers as a thumbs up, but shows "unlike" in the event you wish to change your mind and retract the thumbs up. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 2, 2017 8:04 AM MST
      January 31, 2017 7:48 AM MST

• Exactly right, Spunky. 
      January 31, 2017 1:24 PM MST

Thanks.  In case it wasn't noticed - there is no ability to do a thumbs down.
      January 31, 2017 1:25 PM MST

• Yep, I knew that. It's just a kind of approval removal. 
      January 31, 2017 1:39 PM MST

The Red 'thumbs up' symbol gives you a list of people who clicked on the green one
      January 31, 2017 6:42 AM MST

• Thank you...when I saw this, it's the day my computer kept freezing ONLY on this site and I couldn't thank you then...I really tried.
      February 2, 2017 7:58 AM MST

• Hi Ladyhorse. Welcome aboard. I also took a few days to get the hang of the site when I joined. (It's like that with any new site.) Once you get on top of it you'll love it. It has all the bells and whistles and a friendly bunch of people. 
      January 31, 2017 1:26 PM MST

• I can only read or post piecemeal...
      February 7, 2017 5:51 AM MST