Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Would you enjoy watching a bullfighter being gored to death? Spanish bullfighter Victor Barrio, 29, provided that to Spanish spectators. Is that what fans want? Death in the afternoon? WHY?

Would you enjoy watching a bullfighter being gored to death? Spanish bullfighter Victor Barrio, 29, provided that to Spanish spectators. Is that what fans want? Death in the afternoon? WHY?

Posted - July 10, 2016

Responses

I will happily watch each and every one of them DIE a horrible death.  The same treatment they give the helpless animal that has no chance.   I cannot stand bullfighters, bullfighting or the idiots that pay good money to entertain themselves this way.

I wish they would all get gored.  What kind of pigs find this a good time?

July 10, 2016 9:41 AM MDT

No I wouldn't enjoy that at all but a lot of fans do. It's like that in car racing too fans aren't there to see cars going around in a circle they go to see a car crash. Cheers!
      July 10, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.  On the one hand I hate to see someone suffering like that, but then there's a powerful sense of schadenfreude that the person who intended to kill the bull ends up getting the business. 

July 10, 2016 11:34 AM MDT

Bullfighting is a blood sport, just like many other sports, people take high risks. Some die.

At bullfights, some people cheer for the bull. Others for the toreador.

Blood Sports:
    1.Gladiators of Rome.
    2. Boxing
    3. Mixed Marshall Arts
    4. Football is becoming more violent because of brain injuries. It may become a blood sport.

I have been to several bullfights in Mexico with my parents when I was really young. The bulls were also very young. They didn't kill the bull at the end, like you see in the movies. While it was dangerous, it was also scary and exciting. Now, I would not go to a bullfight.

The Spanish don't view death like Americans do. Americans think the whole whole has their worldview. To the Spanish and the Mexicans who have bullfights, they look at death as part of the game. Death is a part of life. To Americans, death is the end of life. Big difference!
      July 10, 2016 12:00 PM MDT

Anyone who enjoys watching an animal being tortured , is sick in the head.

July 10, 2016 1:07 PM MDT

Or a person being gored to death. SICK.....SICK....SICK

July 10, 2016 3:23 PM MDT

not sure why anyone would want to see that but they didnt know that was going to happen when they were showing it

July 10, 2016 6:48 PM MDT

I've always wondered about that too Nan. Sad if true, ain't it? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you! :)

July 11, 2016 2:02 AM MDT

You mean justice is served?  I didn't think about it in that light CSV. I have heard that they have picadors(?) poke the bull with sticks to anger it before the matadr enters the ring. Sort of setting it up for the kill. So maybe this is one of those instances when you actually see the perp become the vic. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)

July 11, 2016 2:04 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative analysis Margaret. I appreciate it. Happy Monday! :)

July 11, 2016 2:06 AM MDT

I have never understood the fascination personally. Whether it is dog fights or chicken fights or bullfights or boxing or "fight" clubs. I think they call it blood lust. Thank you for your reply Uc and Happy Monday to thee! :)

July 11, 2016 2:07 AM MDT

Whether you are the gorer or goree I think it is odd that such ugliness/injury/death brings so much pleasure to some people. Tradition they say.  Some tradition! Thank you for your reply  Sw and Happy Monday! :)

July 11, 2016 2:09 AM MDT

True. But were they HOPING to see something  like that pearl? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday!  :)

July 11, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

Universe bringing balance? Poetic justice? In ancient times stadiums were filled with folks who were there to witness gladiators fight to the death. I've heard that Christians were thrown in with lions too sometimes. The crowds loved it. Our ancestors . Go figger. Thank you for your reply Sharonna and Happy Monday! :)

July 11, 2016 2:12 AM MDT

Happy Monday, Rosie. 

July 11, 2016 3:07 PM MDT

Exactly Rosie, that´s just plain barbaric and absurd.

July 11, 2016 3:07 PM MDT

You shouldn´t generalize in that manner.  In Spain bullfights have been banned in certain parts of the country and there is a huge movement against bullfighting.

Same in Latin America.

July 11, 2016 3:09 PM MDT
  • Bez

I don't like bullfighting but I wouldn't go as far as to enjoy watching a bullfighter being gored to death either. Still, that was the risk he took when he chose to be a bullfighter. Happy Monday, Rosie!:)

July 11, 2016 3:12 PM MDT

Thank you Uc and Happy Tuesday right back to thee! :)

July 12, 2016 3:08 AM MDT

I never liked bullfighting, it to me is a masochistic cruel sport. spear the poor animal until it bleeds out enough to make it weak and disoriented, then and only then does the dude shove a sword into it's heart, and if he misses the target he does it again, that's sick. I guess to adlib the saying, "Live by the sword, die by the sword" It's, live by the sword, die by the horn. No love lost on his death. 

{{{Hugs}}}

July 12, 2016 3:39 AM MDT