Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does this worry you?

Does this worry you?

Posted - February 1, 2017

Responses

He is living in a reality world, but yes... that is scary.
      February 1, 2017 3:36 AM MST

Oh my!
      February 1, 2017 5:32 AM MST

• Yes and no.
    Yes for obvious reasons.
    No because the faster he continues to dig his own grave the better.
      February 1, 2017 5:47 AM MST

Is the alternative much better. Well, I might actually start to believe it is. Sighs.
      February 1, 2017 5:53 AM MST

• No it's not.   I fear him being impeached more than than anything still.  However he is continuing to alienate himself from everyone he needs to work with him. He's gonna make it so nobody will back him and stall his BS and deadlocking government movement is a good thing in these situations.

Here's my take on it.   Pence would likely be better for foreign relations and possibly for the rest of the world with foreign policy.   Pence will however be worse for the US internally because I think he will be able and will push more Fundie measures. Pence is more of a Fundie morality crusader and based on ideology than Trump IMHO. He's more tactical and better at the dance than Trump to get that stuff done too.
      February 1, 2017 6:01 AM MST

I can follow your reasoning, and it is a mess no matter what.
      February 1, 2017 6:07 AM MST

• A big mess. Which is why I try not to get too passionate about it.  I fear that there is a very good chance that the greatest damage of his Presidency will be because of the passionate knee-jerk reactions against him than his actual direct actions.

That's what's really scary to me.  He's got dangerous ideas and people are likely to consider equally dangerous ideas to stop him.   The catch-22's are what really trouble me.
      February 1, 2017 6:41 AM MST

No.  It doesn't because it's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-inaugural-address-plagiarism/

February 1, 2017 5:52 AM MST

Ok that's interesting, thanks for the heads up, I'll follow that up, cheers 
      February 1, 2017 6:08 AM MST

Sorry, I have a tendency to question EVERYTHING.  If it doesn't make sense to me, I have to dig.  I always hated it when people would pass around emails & "news" articles on Obama that weren't true and, even though I'm not a Trump fan, I believe fair play is always in order.

Cheers. This post was edited by Harry at February 1, 2017 6:33 AM MST
      February 1, 2017 6:26 AM MST

I agree wholeheartedly, the intent was to get to the truth, thanks  
      February 1, 2017 6:46 AM MST

yes but i dont think theres much we can do about it
      February 1, 2017 9:59 AM MST

• I guess it's OK if he has permission, in writing, from the copyright owner. Let's face it, the guy couldn't breath the same air as a Truman or a Churchill so how can we expect him to be as eloquent. 

Even so, if the speech writers he employs are incapable of turning out original pap you gotta worry about some his other appointees.
      February 1, 2017 4:03 PM MST