Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Would you agree that there are some public protests and/or demonstrations that carry more of a potential for violent confrontation than others?

Would you agree that there are some public protests and/or demonstrations that carry more of a potential for violent confrontation than others?

~

Posted - July 10, 2016

Responses

Absolutely, anytime white supremacists show up it turns into a riot because they panic at the sight of black counter-protesters and start stabbing everybody. 

July 10, 2016 11:32 AM MDT

Thank you, but are you saying that's what happens at 51% or more of the white supremacist rallies, or at some scattered ones?
    ~
      July 10, 2016 11:54 AM MDT

Yes

July 10, 2016 12:07 PM MDT

Of course.  The problem is, Randy, that there are so many that do harbor insane motivations.  You go to a rally where you believe that your freedoms are being taken?  Look OUT.

People, especially the ones who are slaves already and cannot see any truth in the matter, are at the ready to protect themselves from becoming enslaved.  Yet, they are all peasants as far as I can see.   They are all addicted* to their cushy lifestyles.   Yet we are protesting against terrorists who have nothing, are starving and so ignorant, this kind of lifestyle looks promising to them. To digress a tad: Peaceful protesting, ironically, has far greater power. Far greater impact. Remember India? They took their country back without some half-assed BREXIT. They took it back by laying down their lives and not returing violence. They embarrassed the British . They didn't whine about what the voting meant. They stood for RIGHT and died for RIGHT, and were counted. The whole world saw it.

So, that is what will kill us.  Not the type of protesting, but rather the type of nuts that show up at the rally.  ANY rally.  BTW, I cannot see these violent USA groups voting for Hillary.  I can, however, see them voting for Gingrich/Trump/Christy/Cruz/et. al.  Anything from that ilk.  * slaves to the Amerikan way of dependent life They are all addicted to their doctors, and their prescriptions from the doctors; because they know so little about themselves from being dependent and needy, they don't even know how to blow their own noses without getting an okay from "the doctor".
    * also.... We HAVE to have a car or GOD help us, how do we get to work and make money to pay for the CAR? You get the idea? We need to work for our addictions. We are on a wheel of desire and enslavement we cannot dispense with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      July 10, 2016 12:13 PM MDT

I think that's probably true. A student protest about higher tuition costs at a university is less likely to turn violent than a protest about a white police officer allegedly gunning down an unarmed black man.

But, the evidence of history also suggests any time a large crowd gathers, the potential for violence and destruction goes up. Our modern notions of peaceful protest are actually, well, modern. Mobs gathering and wreaking havoc are more the norm than the exception in human history.

July 10, 2016 12:27 PM MDT

I didn't get much time to edit this.  Sorry.  I got cut off after about 5 minutes for some reason.  I can type fast, but not that fast.  GOD JA what are you DOING to me.

The footnotes are supposed to be on a different line.  At least know I  tried to fix it. 

July 10, 2016 12:33 PM MDT

Hello Randy:

The problem is NOT demonstrations..  It's violent people..  Would you think a demonstration over the ownership of land would turn violent??  Well, it DID.  Was it the ISSUE that caused violence, or the people?   Of course, authoritarian types would like NO demonstrations.  They think people should just get in line with what's going on.

excon

July 10, 2016 12:36 PM MDT

Very good analogies, thank you. At any rally, a single person can be the impetus for peacefulness turning to chaos, but the more highly charged the topic, the more risk of violence urupting.
    ~
      July 10, 2016 12:41 PM MDT

Thank you, you're right about the violent people and about authoritarianism wanting the status quo to be the law of the land.
    Having said that, violent people, especially the agenda-driven ones, can show up at a PTA meeting, a church bazaar or a children's sporting event and start a ruckus.

:[
      July 10, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

I tried my bestest to follow this, but I couldn't.

(I already know that bestest isn't a word.)
    _
      July 10, 2016 12:46 PM MDT

its possible

July 10, 2016 6:41 PM MDT

Thank you.

~

July 10, 2016 8:07 PM MDT

Thank you.

~

July 10, 2016 8:08 PM MDT

Yes indeed, especially when some protesters have the insanity of dressing in fatigues, and carry armed weapons because they feel they have a right to do so. What absurdity!!

July 12, 2016 1:05 PM MDT

Probably,

But I worry more about public protests being subverted by those looking for an excuse to create havoc for their own twisted purposes that about the majority of the protesters causing real problems. (Making someone late getting home for dinner is NOT a "real" problem, slowing down an ambulance on its way to the hospital with a critically ill patient is.)

July 12, 2016 2:52 PM MDT

What are "armed weapons"?

:|
      July 12, 2016 4:16 PM MDT