Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does the KKK still wear white sheets? Are there more/fewer racists today than say 20 years ago? Anyone know?

Does the KKK still wear white sheets? Are there more/fewer racists today than say 20 years ago? Anyone know?

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

My newly married part- Mexican step-granddaughter calls me a racist because I am not married to a black woman! I am married to her 'part- Cherokee grandmother.'  
      February 4, 2017 6:01 AM MST

The Southern Poverty Law Center tracks hate groups.  Here is the most recent map &, if you scroll down the page, you will find more info.
    https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

Images from recent rallies or protests show members of the KKK still wear the traditional white sheets.  I am seeing the confederate flag being used more and more as the identifier of choice on splinter groups.  They seem to be finding more creative ways to not be so overt when they are marching.  Recent images from Anaheim, CA show members wearing a standardized dress that looks like a uniform with various patches displayed on them.

February 4, 2017 6:42 AM MST