Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » All speech should be allowed is the theory. If so why isn't it OK for Hobby Lobby to let Family Planning activists speak to employees?

All speech should be allowed is the theory. If so why isn't it OK for Hobby Lobby to let Family Planning activists speak to employees?

Free speech.  Just because the owners are against it does that mean that employees are FORBIDDEN from hearing about it? I don't understand why. Hobby Lobby doesn't endorse it or agree with it. Everyone KNOWS that. Why can't management allow employees to learn about it?

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

Hello Rosie:

F
    ree speech does NOT require a private company to give a platform to anybody.  Family planning activists can speak to ANY employee they want, and say ANYTHING they want, ON the street.

e
    xcon
      February 4, 2017 7:38 AM MST

Why does it have to be a requirement excon? Why can't the Hobby Lobby people out of the goodness of their hearts provide that information to its employees? I'm just sayin'. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 4, 2017 7:46 AM MST

Hello again, Rosie:

B
    ecause companies are NOT in the business of being good and having a heart..  They're in business for PROFIT and PROFIT only..  And, that's the way it SHOULD be.

Keep in mind, to some, being good and having a heart is PREVENTING women from having an abortion..  If you worked for a company like that, would you be happy if they provided a platform for anti-abortion groups?

Be careful what you wish for.

e
    xcon This post was edited by excon at February 4, 2017 7:57 AM MST
      February 4, 2017 7:55 AM MST

Et tu Brute? Do you REALLY believe Family Planning consists of abortion only? How can you think that? It has to do with family PLANNING (birth control), mammograms and many other things. I am shocked that you put that front and center excon. Truly shocked. That is the mindset of the usual suspects who don't know any better. You do. I don't get it.
      February 4, 2017 8:16 AM MST