Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Sports » What's your thoughts of Kaepernick kneeling at the National Anthem? Disrespect or???

What's your thoughts of Kaepernick kneeling at the National Anthem? Disrespect or???

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

I don't think it was disrespect. He was making a point. I happen to disagree with him but his rght to make his point is guaranteed under the First Amendment - one of the glories of the American Constitution.
      February 4, 2017 7:44 AM MST

• Good answer, thank you.
      February 4, 2017 7:47 AM MST

• There's a little bit of disrespect in any political protest. He's just using his rights to express his voice the best way he sees fit.
      February 4, 2017 8:21 AM MST

They get paid millions to throw a ball around. That's the outrageous part.
      February 4, 2017 8:22 AM MST

I'm with Louie here.  We may not like it but he has every right under the constitution to voice his displeasure & concerns in a non-violent way.  I don't think football, or any sport, has the right to dictate any player's conduct regarding the Anthem.  No one is breaking a law if they choose to not stand or repeat the pledge.  There are religions which forbid it and those people aren't looked at as being disloyal to their country.  Just as the guy who burned the flag was making a statement, so is Kaepernick. He is placing a spotlight on a problem that he feels strongly about.  If people don't like it, then they need to address & help correct the problem instead of complaining & becoming angry over his actions.  
      February 4, 2017 8:24 AM MST

My thoughts is that he can do what he wants to do. It in no way affects me.
      February 4, 2017 8:25 AM MST

Who the heck cares?
      February 4, 2017 8:32 AM MST

No more disrespectful than fans texting, having their hats on or players having chuckles and conversations during the Anthem.
      February 4, 2017 11:17 AM MST

My thoughts are:

What's = what is
    Therefore, the noun that follows should be singular.

Next, the word "thoughts" is a plural noun. 

The question should read, "What are your thoughts . . . "

That is what I thought.  Oh, and that Big K has a right to express himself, but I don't think he should have drawn attention away from the game to do so. 
    ~
      February 4, 2017 10:27 PM MST

Yes disrespectful.
      February 5, 2017 7:37 PM MST