Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are Rcism/bigotry/misogyny/homophobia political beliefs? Are they religious beliefs? What kinds of beliefs are they and why do YOU think so?

Are Rcism/bigotry/misogyny/homophobia political beliefs? Are they religious beliefs? What kinds of beliefs are they and why do YOU think so?

Posted - February 6, 2017

Responses

No they are not religious beliefs.
      February 6, 2017 6:48 AM MST

So they are political then? Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      February 6, 2017 7:48 AM MST

No they are stupid beliefs by stupid people. 
    And given that there are people on both sides of the aisle who hold these stupid beliefs cannot see it being a political either. 
      February 6, 2017 7:54 AM MST

• They are stoopid beliefs is what they are, ignorant, ill-informed ones. Not religious for sure cos if there's a God he made gay people etc... 

It's not really political as such but it IS written into some very right-wing extremist politics.
      February 6, 2017 7:20 AM MST

It seems totally political to me DdbTD. You find it rampant in those with a certain view of humans and people and strangers and immigrants and and and and. I wonder what those folks would do if they were magically transform ed into the very people they hate? Could they survive? Here comes a question about that. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 6, 2017 7:47 AM MST

they dont sound like religious beliefs to me, not sure what they are
      February 8, 2017 2:44 PM MST