Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » History » Harry Truman had a plaque on his desk that said "The Buck Stops here". The current US head of state would NEVER admit that. Why?

Harry Truman had a plaque on his desk that said "The Buck Stops here". The current US head of state would NEVER admit that. Why?

Posted - February 7, 2017

Responses

Different people in a different time. The government was less motivated by money.
      February 7, 2017 11:55 AM MST

Taking responsibility. Being accountable. That's what Truman did. The Donald is never accountable or responsi ble for anything that goes wrong. Just ask him. Anything that goes right no matter who achieved it he will always take all the credit for that. I think being responsible/accountable should be timeless don't you ZacK? I know social mores changes from time to time but that is something that shouldn't. You do the crime you do the time by owning up to it. You don't lie and shift blame. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 8, 2017 5:42 AM MST

• The phrase nothing to do  with money in the real sense.   It meant as President the final say and any blame is on him.

The plaque was a gift to him. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 7, 2017 12:16 PM MST
      February 7, 2017 12:16 PM MST

When have you heard The Donald take the blame for anything that goes wrong? Conversely and adversely  as well as perversely he takes all the credit for anything that goes right no matter who caused it. He lies and shifts blame. That is his game. That plaque would be an irony and he would NEVER allow it in the White House. In my opinion. Thank you for your reply Glis.
      February 8, 2017 5:44 AM MST

• Well I agree on that. Maybe if the blame can make a martyr out of him he would but that don't count.

On the same token though.   All politicians lie and shift blame as general rule. Can't trust any of them.
      February 8, 2017 7:05 AM MST

If it grabs Donnie (oops) he might admit but then he may not. With his IQ he knows what to say sometimes, the right course of action, you know, he will fix it!
    Anyway, Sean "the liar" may scream that Harry Truman did NOT have such a plaque on his desk, PERIOD! .... and Kellyanne "the twister" would maintain that Sean's statement was just an alternative fact!
      February 7, 2017 12:22 PM MST

We disagree a bit Grasshopper. I don't think The Donald would ever take the blame for anything that goes wrong. He takes all the credit for everything that goes right no matter who is responsible for it. His fragile ego can not admit he is flawed. He keeps whistling in the dark to show he is not afraid when  in fact fear lives with him 24/7. In my opinion. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 8, 2017 5:46 AM MST

Rosie, I don't believe we have a disagreement. It's just my diplomatic instinct, the polite part of my personality that causes me to allow even this man the benefit of doubt, although all evidence to date shows that he doesn't deserve it.
    Indeed, he demonstrates daily that diplomacy, common sense, honesty and decency are totally alien concepts to him.
    I can't wait to read the next chapter in this saga.
      February 8, 2017 9:29 AM MST

i have no idea why
      February 7, 2017 2:56 PM MST

Thank you for your reply pearl.
      February 8, 2017 5:47 AM MST