Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Every word you use you choose. Unless you have a medical condition and can't control yourself . Do you ever regret your choices? Why?

Every word you use you choose. Unless you have a medical condition and can't control yourself . Do you ever regret your choices? Why?

Posted - July 11, 2016

Responses

Never. I don't regret any words because I'm like a carpenter, I measure twice, cut once.

July 11, 2016 4:51 PM MDT

I believe that your "Every word you use you choose" premise is incorrect; people misspeak all the time. Well, imperfect people misspeak, that is. (Hey, wait a minute . . . )

~
      July 11, 2016 7:35 PM MDT

Yes. I have low self esteem and always question what i say.
      July 11, 2016 8:19 PM MDT

• Sure. Heaps of times.

I reread what I wrote. Verbose. Clumsy.

Not enough heart.

or,

In the heat of emotion, I forget what I should know better.

Say what I shouldn't and hurt someone I love.

Then I have to find the way to patch up the damage,

find the words that work with truth but not pain.

July 11, 2016 9:06 PM MDT

In other words, 100% human.

:)
      July 11, 2016 10:33 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply BSurf.

July 14, 2016 6:34 AM MDT

I don't do that hartfire. The person I am at the time ..the knowledge I have or lack thereof...the subject matter and its importance or lack thereof. All of these are constantly changing. At the time if you are honest and are not attacking/insulting/denigrating  someone then what is there to regret? At some future time when you are not the same person you were you might have expressed yourself in a different way. But regret? I think the authenticity of whom you were at the time should be enough.  You might subsequently have learned more and changed your mind. But you cannot know that at the time.  If you purposely try to harm someone that is always regrettable. Or should be. But otherwise I think regret is useless and wastes emotion. It changes nothing. Just my opinion. Thank you for your repl! :)

July 14, 2016 6:44 AM MDT