Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How can any so-called Christian support Trump? What about "what you do to the least of mine you do to me" OR "love thy neighbor as thyself"?

How can any so-called Christian support Trump? What about "what you do to the least of mine you do to me" OR "love thy neighbor as thyself"?

Why don't you love your neighbor and realize that how you treat other people is how you are treating GOD per God's own words? How can you possibly defend/support/accept anyone who cares so little about other people?

Posted - February 12, 2017

Responses

Love your neighbor includes Trump and Trump supporters.
      February 12, 2017 9:23 AM MST

You don't get it. Why on earth would you expect it m2c? Reciprocity is the key here. Not a one-way street where everything accrues to you no matter how insulting your folks are to my folks. It doesn't work that way. YOU start off being a Christian in every way every day  REGARDLESS of HOW you are treated. Remember? Turn the other cheek. Do not go with "an eye for eye"! You should be an example of how to be. You and all your folks who attaack/vilify/insult/demean/denigrate/derogate. Why aren't you?
      February 12, 2017 11:17 AM MST

Exactly we are to love All..... including those of the opposite political party. Even if  It is not Reciprocal...it is as Jesus said in Matt 5:44  I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

I attack no one. And I don't have folks. I answer for me. Just as everyone should answer for themselves their actions if they are following Jesus teachings.  I do see that I follow it. It would be nice if others would also. 

The eye for an eye is the Biblical rules about just punishment. 

February 12, 2017 4:01 PM MST

Exactly, Rosie. I have so much admiration for the life-long, Christian Republicans who have denounced Trump. I genuinely BELIEVE that they truly embrace their teachings and beliefs, rather than just pay lip service. They're also smart enough not to swallow this ridiculous "I'm a Christian act" that he's been putting on for the past year and a half when he's playing to a "Christian" audience. Smart and decent people are the best, regardless of what religious beliefs they subscribe to!

I'm hoping that I'll eventually be able to feel badly for the Trump followers who were duped. Right now, I'm still a bit angry with them.  
      February 12, 2017 11:13 AM MST

I echo your sentiments exactly SA. Those so-called religious folks who support/admire/defend Trump? They are just fooling themselves. They are not Christians at all. They are political junkies whose fix is Trump. They're addicts and can't help themselves.  Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear! :) Trump is so dumb he thought "an eye for an eye" was from the Bible. It originates in 1800 B.C. with the Code of Hammurabi. It was mentioned in the Bible as something to be avoided..not advocated. It was mentioned in the section where it ends with "turn the other cheek" He is so stupidly ignorant he didn't know that. What shocks me is that supposed Bible lovers/Christians didn't know it either. SIGH.
      February 12, 2017 11:23 AM MST

Eye for an eye is in the Bible...maybe Trump is not so stupid. He is quoting the Law of God. 

Deut 19:2121Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
    Exodus 21:24 23But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
      February 12, 2017 5:18 PM MST

We don't need any pity from you. have a nice day.
      February 12, 2017 12:55 PM MST

You're only speaking for yourself, obviously. I'm well aware that many of his followers are "all in", just as Trump said they were. You know, like when he claimed that he could shoot someone in the street and not lose any supporters? He was definitely right about that. Even so, there are already those expressing regret, and I'm sure that there will be many more in the coming months and years.

When someone can understand and feel another's emotions, it's called EMPATHY, not pity. I've made unwise choices and bad decisions in my life, and can empathize with regret and feeling that I've been made a fool of. While you might not appreciate empathy, many people do.

I imagine you were being sarcastic, but thanks for your "nice" wishes, anyway, and right back at you.
      February 13, 2017 10:31 AM MST

maybe they think theyre doing the right thing
      February 12, 2017 3:59 PM MST