Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How is the Internet's impact on the human mind going to manifest itself in the future?

How is the Internet's impact on the human mind going to manifest itself in the future?

?

Posted - February 13, 2017

Responses

Hi CosmicWunderkind~ Right out the gate, I'd like to say I like your name.  It's very cosmicly cool :)
     Now, about your question...
    I have enjoyed sharing knowledge, laughter and thoughts with many creatures.  They all have unique and explicit ways of having their needs and desires met and understood.  It works handsomely for all parties involved.  Even in a predator and prey situation, they all know who is going to do what and why.  Biology is fabulous about checks and balances.
    Humans, on the other hand, have many forms of communication that are unorganized, manipulative, self-satisfying, and ulterior motive driven.

Keeping that in mind, I project the internet's impact on the human brain will not be a great leap for mankind.  We are already lazier than we were 150 years ago.  We don't problem solve day to day problems.  We google it.  The internet has taken away a huge part of physically experiencing our lives. Whether they are victorious or dreaded, how will we know ?  Will we actually look with love or dread in someone's eyes ready to take that risk?  I don't think so. Will we know what it is like to actually go to the library and sit with peers seeing they are struggling too? Probably not.  I don't think people in the future will even know how to be a boy scout.  How often do you smile and offer to help someone? Even little things like that are being driven out of our natural state.  You might not offer to help because she/he is going to pepper spray you or scream.  You might be blamed for what? Being nice and helping someone across the street might ruin your life!. If you don't look the part or live where it's safe, it'll be rape. The internet has had a huge part of instilling fear of each other in all of us. It has us sitting in our own little cocoons. Working through a problem with someone actually in your presence is much more rewarding than watching a screen.   Shoot, some of our kids aren't having anyone sing them to sleep.  They come out of the womb and straight to the TV and the video screen.  I can only imagine it is going to continue in this fashion.  Common Sense is becoming not so common already.

The more the internet has the HUGE control it does over commercialized countries, the more it will be one of the leading reasons the human race comes to it's demise.  
    That is how my brain sees the internet, the human mind, and the future intertwine.

February 13, 2017 5:51 AM MST

• Hey my friend there born of brilliance. This fascinating andverCarl Saganesque or even as dire a prediction as Stephen Hawking used to make. I bottom line these things with that no civilization lasts forever and that includes ourswhen we fail ourselves. Com unication is ultra essential with each other in order not to miss the fine points and delicacies of human interaction and this could lead to emotional problems for kids growing up in much the same way you are blindsided by drugs at an early age when you are not knowing what you're doing by indulgence in a totally narcissistic,solipsistic reality that even scriience fiction writers may dare to tread. This is all I can add. This must be the subject of a good book and maybe people can curb off from the internet with the available choices.

February 14, 2017 5:53 AM MST

• Although the internet seems to make. Us more one it can also make us more done. Libraries are havens for battered minds.
      February 14, 2017 5:56 AM MST

i have no idea
      February 13, 2017 10:38 AM MST