Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Is being parent of a kid, extraordinarily smart with amazing talents and remarkable gifts like rights to a golden egg laying goose?

Is being parent of a kid, extraordinarily smart with amazing talents and remarkable gifts like rights to a golden egg laying goose?

Posted - February 22, 2017

Responses

• It would depend on how those gifts are used.
      February 22, 2017 9:38 PM MST

• It would probably like a robin hatching a cuckoos egg. Poor old robin wouldn't know what to do about it. 

If the Gospel story was true I'm sure that's how Joe and Meg would have felt about truing to keep up with young Jesus. They wouldn't have understood him at all. 
      February 22, 2017 9:55 PM MST

• I don't think so ... you don't own your children ... you nurture them... if you do it with love then I'm sure the gifts from any talents will be shared ..
      February 22, 2017 10:12 PM MST

We don't own our children. We raise them, and we try to keep them on their feet to have them prepared for leaving our nest and found their own future as adults eventually. It can be even more needed if they are talented/skilled in some areas, not to have them lose focus or touch with reality. They aren't any more golden though than their siblings. The gift for us will be to see them succeed with whatever goals they made for themselves, and this they share too with their siblings.
      February 23, 2017 1:14 AM MST

The first thing you notice about a smart kid is that everybody hates him. When you call a kid 'smart", that suggests that we should all hate him. "Smart" is a synonym for "hurt".
      February 23, 2017 1:51 AM MST

Not in my world.
      February 23, 2017 2:43 AM MST