Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you becoming more and more involved with what is going on in the world than you were before or less and less? Why?

Are you becoming more and more involved with what is going on in the world than you were before or less and less? Why?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

• Yes for me, definitely more involved and we have Trump to thank for that.. I have been sooooo appalled that something so utterly dire and dreadful could become President of the US that it forced me to read more and learn more about him and the situation in the States. I follow other world stories as well but nothing is so utterly train wreck like as Trump.
      February 23, 2017 3:57 AM MST

Me too honey. My first president was JFK. I was very involved with that presidency for the exact opposite reasons. I was in all the way and was very proud to be an American then. Now I, like you, cannot believe the nightmare we are living. It was not forced upon the people here. They VOTED FOR IT! That in itself is unbelievable. So now we watch the train wreck hoping some very brilliant engineer will step in and save us. Whom that is I don't have a clue. Clearly we can't save ourselves when so many people are loving the train careening out of control. Why? I don't know. Thank you for your reply DdbTD!  Let's see what The Donald does/says today! I can hardly wait ! :(
      February 23, 2017 4:18 AM MST

• It would be hard for me to be less involved. I do not read newspapers or periodicals. I do not own a TV (20 years), I listen to the radio only when forced to at work.
      February 23, 2017 8:08 AM MST