Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » So many insist on remaining ignorant so they can hold onto their beliefs. The Truth SCARES THEM! Why?

So many insist on remaining ignorant so they can hold onto their beliefs. The Truth SCARES THEM! Why?

Posted - February 25, 2017

Responses

maybe cause they dont like the truth
      February 25, 2017 9:24 PM MST

Maybe so. Not liking it doesn't change it though. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday pearl! :)
      February 26, 2017 3:32 AM MST

Because the truth will obligate the individual to make changes in their lives. Too bad they don't understand how liberating the truth is. (John 8:32)
      February 25, 2017 10:43 PM MST

I guess so Autumn. Goodness gracious!  What's the big deal?  You have certain beliefs. You learn more about them and either hold on to them because they still make sense or change them because they don't. Isn't that how you learn and grow? I have never understood those who adamantly refuse to admit they're wrong or apologize. Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy  Sunday!  :)
      February 26, 2017 3:31 AM MST

• Because if they faced the truth, they would have to admit they are wrong. Some people would do anything to avoid admitting that. 
      February 25, 2017 10:47 PM MST

That has always puzzled me Karen. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong and I have and I do and I will. It doesn't make me less than I am. It doesn't demean me or change me in any negative way. Sometimes you're right, sometimes  you aren't. That's how you learn.  Belief in something, learning more about it, holding on to that belief because it still makes sense or changing it because it no longer does. What's the big deal? Some say that admitting you're wrong/apologizing shows weakness. I think it shows strength and confidence. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      February 26, 2017 3:28 AM MST

• Good morning, Rosie.
    Not everyone thinks that way. Some go to great measures to never admit they are wrong. I personally know people like this, they wouldn't admit to being wrong about something if their life depended on it. I own my mistakes, when I'm wrong about something, I admit it. 
    Happy Sunday!!
      February 26, 2017 7:42 AM MST