Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » I am new and wanted to learn about answer mug and what happened to blurtit if anyone knows

I am new and wanted to learn about answer mug and what happened to blurtit if anyone knows

Posted - February 25, 2017

Responses

• Hi Austin,

I think I might recognize you from Blurtit...I hope so...you are a wonderful contributor, and I hope you like aMug.

The reason I left Blurt is because the moderation changed; I had a lot of confidence in the old moderators. Here is a direct copy-&-paste explaining the new policy; what I did was just thank the new moderator for the information and never went back.

"I am not here to police private conversations if they don't contain obscenities or overt marketing."

There was trolling going on at Blurt, and this new policy, I felt, just delivered the site to the trolls. I  did not want to spend any time or energy coping...I don't come online for drama and intrigue.

So far, I think the moderation at aMug is good; it is a smaller site than Blurt, but such interesting people and a nice opportunity for online friendship and learning! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 25, 2017 5:25 PM MST
      February 25, 2017 2:33 PM MST

• I killed blurt it ! Ninja style :p okay not really,  but don't feel like going into story and Virginia mostly covered it :)
      February 25, 2017 2:54 PM MST

• I think I remember you Austin! Not sure though as I haven't been there for a couple of months. I guess the short story would be that the rules changed and Angela and I quit. After that? Everything just kind of went to hell in a hand basket. It's obvious that the owner and manager could care less about the people that use the site. That's a shame. Very much different here with some great people! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 25, 2017 5:25 PM MST
      February 25, 2017 3:01 PM MST

yeah I am really starting to like it here and I just wanted to learn about blurtit because when I went there barley anybody was there and theres just a bunch of spam now. hippy is still there This post was edited by Austin Jones at February 25, 2017 5:25 PM MST
      February 25, 2017 3:07 PM MST

• Hello AJ, Welcome to the Mug. Blurtit was infected by the narfolk virus and died. It was a fine site. Requiescat in pace. 

February 25, 2017 3:11 PM MST

Well, I wasn't at Blurtit.  Didn't even know it existed.  But it appears to me their losses are definitely AnswerMug's gain. :-)
      February 25, 2017 3:54 PM MST

• You're gonna get lots of Likes for that tone, Harry. :)
      February 25, 2017 5:53 PM MST

i used blurt it for  a while but havent been on it in yrs, didnt know they left
      February 25, 2017 8:53 PM MST