Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever been totally wrong giving your S.O. a gift?

Have you ever been totally wrong giving your S.O. a gift?

I met Mrs Didge a few weeks before her birthday and give her a very beautiful powder compact, resplendent with ballerinas dancing. I didn't yet know that she didn't use make-up. She was kind enough to accept it without destroying my pleasure in giving it to her and still has it. 

Have you ever stuffed up completely? 

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

• Yes, I do!
      March 2, 2017 9:30 AM MST

• Ha!
      March 2, 2017 2:26 PM MST

• Surprised, huh. It's not something that rolls out of the kitchen much, well not at all actually. The offal part is deemed too offal (get it) these days for most.
    But I'll share this with you. Many years later, as my poor mother remained obliged to provide this thing for my father and we on a regular basis, she began to drop it on the kitchen floor as she transferred it from cooker to countertop. It happened three or four times, I kid you not. I only remember this because the second time she did it she just looked at it on the floor and said 'b*llocks', that was it.
    By the fourth time it happened, we all knew she had dropped one again because all that could be heard from the kitchen was the 'b*llocks'. I remenisce over that with her to this day. )

March 2, 2017 11:11 PM MST

• Maybe that's what she was really cooking.
      March 3, 2017 5:00 AM MST

• I'm thinking the phrase 'abomination against nature' might have crossed your mind. I don't think even my father and his Great Depression years upbringing went that far. He did eat grass for want if anything else, so if there were a pair hanging around it might have occurred. )
      March 3, 2017 5:05 AM MST

• I bought my S.O. a Valentine's present once. Never again.
      March 2, 2017 6:00 AM MST