Discussion » Questions » Language » An Answerbagger believes Imagination can be fake. If you "imagine" reality then it isn't imagination at all is it?

An Answerbagger believes Imagination can be fake. If you "imagine" reality then it isn't imagination at all is it?

In my imagination I can be a world-class opera star or great actress or terrific athlete. In real life I am none of those things. Real life is based on that which is not IMAGINED. Imagination takes you to other places you could never access by any other means. So does creativity. Now there are certainly times when creativity exists in the real world. There are times when that which was IMAGINED becomes true and real and exists as well. But if it doesn't..if what you IMAGINE can only exist in that other place it is NEVER fake. To me. Now what other people think imagination is may be something entirely different. I cannot think like other people. I can only think like me. I don't know if that's good or not so hot but it is what is.  SIGH

Posted - March 1, 2017

Responses

Imagination is made up/fake.
    It may lead to a new reality. But it is fake until it becomes a reality. 

If you imagine a person in real life died but they are alive. It is fake, it is false, it is pretend. Until such time as the person dies but it is still may not match the imagined circumstances before and after the death. So still fake/false/pretend.

Imagination 
    :  the act or power of forming a mental image of something not present to the senses or never before wholly perceived in reality
      March 1, 2017 5:38 AM MST

dont sound like it
      March 1, 2017 9:38 PM MST