Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Dumb products. What dumb products have you encountered while shopping?

Dumb products. What dumb products have you encountered while shopping?

Today I saw in the store vegan dental floss and left handed toothbrushes. 

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

yeah those left handed coffee cups are pretty big
      March 2, 2017 8:06 PM MST

• I once saw a belly-button lint remover.
      March 2, 2017 8:07 PM MST

• I saw bottled water ... And I thought to myself ... Wouldn't it be a great idea if for example, they could lay pipes... Maybe under the ground, to each person house ... Would save a lot of effort
      March 2, 2017 9:33 PM MST

It's not the water, it's the bottle. If a hotel caters a party in a park, they have to water the herd. It's a lot cheaper and easier to haul a few hundred cases of bottled water than a few hundred gallons of water and glasses for everybody. If you are a student, you really appreciate being able to carry a drink instead of having to find a water fountain several times a day. If you drive a cab, it's even more so.
      March 3, 2017 7:07 PM MST

• STOP! This is crazy talk!
      March 3, 2017 7:09 PM MST

• You don't think the pipe idea work?
      March 3, 2017 8:51 PM MST

• Seems radical but maybe....
      March 4, 2017 4:28 AM MST

I totally agree! You put a designer label on water, and sell it to some sucker in a bottle! It's water, for Krissakes! Just proves some people have more money than sense!
      March 4, 2017 6:18 AM MST

I once owned a neon tube shaped like a garden rake about eight inches long and four inches wide. It fit into the end of a high voltage transformer and produced gentle sparks from the tines. I traded it for a motorcycle helmet, and part of the deal was to tell me what he thought it was. He said it was an archaic scalp stimulator, a treatment for hair loss.
      March 2, 2017 10:14 PM MST

• Gas barbeques (that's called an oven) and a bottle of stuff you put on your gas-BBQed food to make it taste like you actually cooked it on an actual charcoal BBQ which you didn't.
      March 3, 2017 12:47 AM MST

Mountain seeds -about a dozen little pebbles in a package with instructions how to plant them and grow your own mountain. 
      March 4, 2017 5:20 AM MST

First, I will say that I am very offended by your take on left handed toothbrushes and coffee mugs.  We left handed people deserve and yes, demand, equal treatment to all you right handers.

Second, the Pet Rock was the dumbest thing invented by a real genius who made a whole lotta money off of very stupid people.
      March 4, 2017 6:44 AM MST