Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Do you dig archeology?

Do you dig archeology?

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

dig it
      March 2, 2017 9:49 PM MST

About as much as anyone can count on mathematics, remember history, envision photography, explore science, warm up to cooking, dive into swimming, or ponder psychology.

March 2, 2017 9:55 PM MST

• Am I being punished?
      March 2, 2017 10:02 PM MST

No, not at all!  I'm just playing along with you. Why do you think I'm punishing you?
    ~
      March 3, 2017 4:51 AM MST

• Pun. ished.
      March 3, 2017 7:09 PM MST

• I once attended an eight week series of lectures by a Seventh Day Adventist archaeiologist talking about archaeology in the Bible. Nice bloke. Clever too. And if the lectures went far away from archaeology they were interesting and I enjoyed them. He was a good speaker. 

On the first night he told me, "I'll come and visit you." I hadn't invited him but I didn't say he couldn't come either but when he arrived I couldn't get rid of him. 

The second time he came he made a tactical error. He said, "I can only stay for a few minutes. I have an appointment." So every time he tried to leave I asked him a question. He fairly ran to the car when I let him go but after that we understood each other and he didn't outstay his welcome. 

I loaned him an introduction to astronomy and when he left the district at the end of his lecture series he took it with him. I didn't mind because I was able to tell a story about a thieving evangelist who stole my book. I got lots of mileage out of that. And then, about five years later, we arrived home in the middle of a rainstorm and found him, sopping wet. huddled on my patio. He had brought it back. Darn it! He spoiled a good story.
      March 2, 2017 10:07 PM MST

I dig a lot of things except country/western music. This post was edited by Zack at March 3, 2017 7:32 AM MST
      March 2, 2017 10:09 PM MST

Yup!You'll be screaming that sooner than you think.
      March 2, 2017 10:16 PM MST