Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Pop Quiz: Can You Identify This Photo?

Pop Quiz: Can You Identify This Photo?

I actually already do know what it is...and I love them, so beautiful. I have one in my meditation room, it is about one inch across!
At first I was concerned they might not be wherever you-all are, but this photo is from New Zealand and it looks just like the ones here in Washington State. 
Hint: It is not from a beehive.
So, who is the architect here?

Posted - March 5, 2017

Responses

I can see a wasp so I reckon it's a wasps' nest, perhaps in the process of being built.
      March 5, 2017 1:47 AM MST

• You have got it, Grasshopper, thank you!
    I actually tried to find a photo w/o the wasp, but now that you mention it I do see the parent here...
      March 5, 2017 2:17 AM MST

A photo without wasp ... voilà!
      March 5, 2017 2:45 AM MST

• That is amazing, so beautiful...and you have very sharp eyes!
      March 5, 2017 2:49 AM MST

It is your original photo that I manipulated with the Windows Paint program.
    I just edited the wasp away, rather crudely I have to admit, but it's just to show what can be done even without Photoshop. This post was edited by Grasshopper at March 5, 2017 11:50 AM MST
      March 5, 2017 2:58 AM MST

If you have a nest inside your house, put it outside since you don't want a bunch of those things inside coming to life!
      March 5, 2017 6:09 AM MST

• Ha ha yes, bhwilson, very good point, quite important to check closely to make sure everybody has vacated the premises before bringing it inside...
      March 5, 2017 10:15 AM MST

• I didn't recognise it, which is vexing, because I've certainly destroyed enough of them. (The Didgerina is dangerously allergic to bee- and wasp-stings, which is inconvenient for an enthusiastic gardener.)
      March 5, 2017 5:15 PM MST