Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Do you have pets that are a different species and do they get along?

Do you have pets that are a different species and do they get along?

Our cat and dog get along like they were a sister and brother from another mother. Once our dog even turned on his dog buddy when the dog attract his sister and the cat seemed to appreciate/respect her big brother for sticking up for her. Cheers!

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

• Sure do. We have a dog and some goldfish. They usually ignore each other.
      March 7, 2017 4:18 PM MST

My cats and dog would not publicly claim each other, but if anyone outside of the family messed with any of them there were problems! No one picked on my dog's cats and no one messed with my cat's dog either! They protected each other, but never were close. 
      March 7, 2017 4:26 PM MST

not yet but ive thought about getting one
      March 7, 2017 4:44 PM MST

My pet ant, "Geoffrey" and my pet oyster, "Owen" don't seem to interact that much.....
      March 7, 2017 4:49 PM MST

• Ants are gregarious -- try having an Australian picnic without them -- but oysters tend to retreat into their shells. Why not get an echidna to keep the ants company? It'll be love at first sight. 
      March 7, 2017 5:10 PM MST

My dogs and cats get along. I also used to have a rabbit that roamed the house and my cats loved him, they were little kittens when they first met him and even as adults they would all cuddle together in one giant furball and bask in the sunlight. That rabbit was awesome, sadly he got old and died at 9 years old.
      March 7, 2017 6:55 PM MST