Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » I met this girl at a friend's birthday party who asked to eat my food because I wasn't eating it. I just hadn't gotten around to it.
AG

I met this girl at a friend's birthday party who asked to eat my food because I wasn't eating it. I just hadn't gotten around to it.

I let her because I didn't want to be rude, but I found it odd. Have you ever done this?

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

• With friends I know well ... Occasionally... But not a stranger , no ... Either the food was very good, or she was very hungry or about 1000 other things
      March 10, 2017 3:50 PM MST

You didn't want to be rude to a person who was rude to you. Well done! You go, AG! LET'S GO CHAMP!! 
      March 10, 2017 4:41 PM MST

I've never done this but my cousin Sidney used to do it all the time.  He'd ask: "You gonna eat that?"  and, before you could answer, your plate was cleared and the food was gone.  The guy died of complications from diabetes.  Go figure. 

March 10, 2017 5:49 PM MST

• No I don't want food somebody else has been eating and if someone tried to eat my half finished food I would not hesitate to tell them I hadn't finished yet.  Probably bare my teeth too I'm a wee bit possessive about my nosh.
      March 10, 2017 8:12 PM MST

• Lol.. remind me not to sit next to you while you're eating :)
      March 10, 2017 8:15 PM MST