Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Do you keep credit card receipts from retail purchases?

Do you keep credit card receipts from retail purchases?

Part of my work week is as a cashier.  I'm very surprised how few people keep their receipt from a credit card purchase.

Posted - March 11, 2017

Responses

yes....and what i learned from management is that if you still have them sign paper copies make sure you dont let them walk off the signed copy. if they call to dispute a transaction , your store has like 10 days (if i remember correctly) to produce that piece of paperwork, or it gets charged back to your store. credit card company was asking for proof on a regular basis, so alot of purchases get disputed....but as long as you have that copy, the store isnt responsible.

March 11, 2017 7:22 PM MST

• Rarely.   Waste of pocket space and just more rubbish to manage.
      March 11, 2017 7:24 PM MST

• So you do not verify your charges each month?
      March 12, 2017 4:20 PM MDT

• I know if I used it or not.    Besides I try not to use them really.
      March 12, 2017 4:27 PM MDT

Not unless I think at some point I may want to return something.  I don't like trying on clothes in the store, so if I take it home and don't like it, I'll need the receipt to return it.  If it's a receipt for items I know I'm not going to return, I throw it out.
      March 11, 2017 7:36 PM MST

• Always. 
      March 11, 2017 8:06 PM MST

• You are wise and beautiful.
      March 12, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

• I know that I'm beautiful, but wise? I might have to run that past Mrs D for confirmation. :(
      March 12, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

I only use a debit card...same thing. If it is something I may need to return, yes. Food not usually but I take it anyway. Sometimes they have coupons on them.
      March 12, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

• Yes, it is the same thing.  The point is knowing and verifying where one's money goes.
      March 12, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

i do it with my new job i got cause i gotta use the company's credit card and then put the receipt on my timesheet online
      March 12, 2017 5:57 PM MDT