Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Since The Donald has reversed all environmental regs how long before the entire planet is poisoned and we die? We have no protection. Why?

Since The Donald has reversed all environmental regs how long before the entire planet is poisoned and we die? We have no protection. Why?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

I don't think he has unregulated EVERYTHING. The EPA has gotten out of control. Example --------- they are making it illegal to use wood stoves to heat homes.  That is overkill! 
      March 12, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

From what I read it will be okay for manufacturing companies to dump their poisony crap into landfills  and water. As we die off the wealthy will inherit a world they already own. Wood stoves to heat homes is probably so people don't die in fires caused by them bh. I suppose we should let people do what they wanna do without restriction and if  dying in the process is the result so what? It's their choice, right? SIGH. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday. You chose a very obscure example. Any reason for that?
      March 13, 2017 4:13 AM MDT

have no idea how long before any of that happens
      March 12, 2017 5:38 PM MDT

• It does seem they are out of control. This is just one of many articles I found about them:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422719/obamas-environmental-protection-agency-protects-itself-more-environment-michelle
      March 13, 2017 4:22 AM MDT

While the bulk of the blame for the Flint water fiasco lies with the state, an EPA employee notified the agency of the lead problem 7 months prior to Flint residents being notified.  The EPA decided to wait for a legal opinion...while people here were drinking lead-tainted water.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/12/epa-stayed-silent-flints-tainted-water/78719620/
      March 13, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

• That's horrible. It appears that they were not doing their job, so maybe he was right in his decision. Maybe he will restructure it and get people in there who actually care. 
      March 14, 2017 3:19 AM MDT

Don't hold your breath! :(
      March 14, 2017 5:14 AM MDT

• With the job they were doing, it may be safer to hold your breath. There is story after story where they didn't get involved in dangerous situations. They turned a blind eye on some major issues. If they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing then why keep them around? Sounds like they were doing more harm than good. 
      March 14, 2017 5:19 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Karen. In California our air is cleaner now than it was years ago before the EPA changed things. You choose to fault it and say it did NO GOOD. I disagree. Different strokes. You can see anything you want in anything you want and reach any conclusion you want. You wish to see the EPA as so faulty we are better off without it. I totally disagree. So what, right ?
      March 14, 2017 6:18 AM MDT

• It looks like they have done both good and bad. We just have to weigh them and see which one make the bigger impact. I'm sure they have done a lot of good, but they have also done a lot of damage. I choose to fault them for what they have done like turning a blind eye to the water situation in Flint. Where were they to protect those people? I'm sure the whole agency isn't corrupt, but how much is to much? 
      March 14, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Karen. A blind eye to Flint? How many years was the water bad but the local government (RESPONSIBLE FOR SWITCHING THE WATER SOURCE) kept telling the people it was safe? The Flint pols had ONE THING to do right. Insure the safety of the water for the people. How many things is the EPA responsible for? Earth, air, water. EVERYWHERE in the United  States. Hundreds of millions of things. I place the blame squarely where it belongs. On the backs of THE LIARS in Flint who KNEW the water was tainted but because of the folks who live there didn't give a rat's a**. If  Flint were all WHITE you know it would have been fixed STAT. But it isn't.
      March 15, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

Since you think you know what happened here, do tell, Rosie, were the white residents considered collateral damage?  Were you not aware that the city officials, themselves mostly black, also live in the city?  Do you know the background on the decision to switch the water supply?  No, you do not.  It was indeed the right decision, though would not have been necessary at all were it not for the DWSB, which was under state management.  The problem was caused by the water not being treated properly...the state decided it needed more testing before any decision was made regarding treatment.  

There is blame to be had here on all levels of government.  That the EPA knew there was a lead problem and did not notify people is reprehensible...there is just no getting around that, Rosie. This post was edited by Bozette at March 16, 2017 3:29 AM MDT
      March 15, 2017 7:10 AM MDT

March 14, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

• That's crazy. He had all his permits and did it like he was supposed to. 
      March 15, 2017 2:44 AM MDT

Yes, and there are many similar stories.  
      March 15, 2017 6:21 AM MDT