Active Now

Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What happens to a structure when its foundation and weight-bearing walls are removed? Why?

What happens to a structure when its foundation and weight-bearing walls are removed? Why?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

Is this a Trump-related question or an O'Bama question?  Anyway, the answer is the structure will fall.  Gravity is the reason. I can tell you this because I have moved a good number of mobile homes and sometimes there is only enough room underneath to slide your body and you have to turn your head sideways to get under the beams.  Creepy!
      March 12, 2017 9:41 AM MDT

Trump is removing the foundation and weight-bearing walls from government at the behest of Steve Bannon who said he was going to deconstruct the government. Trump is just a Bannon puppet following his commandments.. Obama did not do that bh. Our country is collapsing around us and eventually  it will crush us. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 14, 2017 4:41 AM MDT

Some house movers use airbags to lift and lower homes so they can put steel frames under the house to move them. Since Donald is called an airbag by some of his friends in the press,  I thought this was a good point. Most of the time, these houses that get moved, are placed on a new, better foundation. 
      March 15, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

Thank you for that information bh. I did not know that. Geez how big do those airbags have to be to lift and lower homes? That boggles my mind. I have seen homes cut in half barreling down the highways on huge trucks. I guess they put them together at the new site but I wonder do the halves  settle evenly?   Trump the Airbag is an appropriate description.  As good as any. It is a good point m'dear. Happy Thursday. Have you ever seen these air bags in action in person bh? I'm trying to imagine their configurations but I cannot. Are there many smaller ones used or are they quite large? :)
      March 16, 2017 5:28 AM MDT

• The roof would be quite a bit lower.
      March 12, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

Thereby crushing everyone beneath it. Our country is collapsing due to the express goal of Steve Bannon who said he would deconstruct government. His puppet Trump is facilitating that very thing daily. The State Department has been gutted. Justice is gutted. EPA is being destroyed.  Education is being transformed FROM "by,for,of the people" to private vouchered for the wealthy and public education will be decimated. Thank you for your reply Swoop and Happy Tuesday.
      March 14, 2017 4:44 AM MDT

it falls down
      March 12, 2017 4:57 PM MDT