Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Family » Are parents insane?

Are parents insane?

Parents often yap that a job worth doing is worth doing well.  But as a kid if you think a chore is not worth doing and do it poorly, which follows from the first premise, or do not do it at all your parents are angry! 

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

• LOL Nice try.. but I am with the parents on this... if you give everything you do 100% you do it well and can take pride in it.. it builds a strong work ethic.. which helps later... it's good practice for when you own your own home.. and parents arent slaves so kids should help..

THat said my kids do nothing seriously nothing... and that happens too.. 
      March 12, 2017 4:37 PM MDT

• Not everything is worth giving 100%.  Take making one's bed.  Such a undertaking is a sign of a deeply troubled soul.  Why should a child enable such irrationality in a parent?  Shouldn't the child try to free a parent from such a quagmire?

If parents don't want to work for their children's happiness they shouldn't have had kids.
      March 12, 2017 5:27 PM MDT

They must have been, to have you...
      March 12, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

• WOW!! This is witty!
      March 12, 2017 5:03 PM MDT

that depends on who the parent is
      March 12, 2017 5:27 PM MDT

March 12, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

• While one can't speak for all, a parental policy of requiring their young to be responsible for rather trivial tasks and making some small contribution to the household is neither insane nor the workings of a troubled mind.
    Since most parents do everything for their child when they are unable to do it for themselves from the time they are born, what IS a signal of a troubled mind is a clueless, petulant child denying them the respect of ably following simple directions.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 12, 2017 9:07 PM MDT
      March 12, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

• It's always funny to me when parents have to explain certain things to their kids. 
    In relation to the question he's going to do it because everybody's gotta job, and that's his job. And he best make sure it is done right.
    Reading your responses I can't tell if you're serious or joking.
      March 12, 2017 9:43 PM MDT