Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » When you left home after graduation from high school or college and went back were your precious belongings preserved and well kept or dis

When you left home after graduation from high school or college and went back were your precious belongings preserved and well kept or dis

persed to garage sales, charitable donations, garbage collection and kin?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

I don't live with my parents anymore but i might as well since im here every day pretty much... all of my stuff is still here but now that i'm moving into a shared housing that i will like, im probably gonna spend more time there.. i was super depressed, sad, and lonely (despite having a housemate) at my current share housing situation.. plus, it was far away from my home neighbourhood,  far away from decent public transit, good pizza places, and my job etc... i don't drive (at least not yet), and living in the outer edges of the metro area made me severely depressed and sad.. the bus servce was absolute crap.. (there are stores out there, a tiny  mall, and a plaza with a grocery store but my issue was the bus services and getting around, and the fact that it only ran every 25 minutes and stopped running at 9pm in the evening).. going to work and all of the bus transfers and waits. it added up to 1 hour and 10 minutes each way -_- not gonna miss spending 2 hours and 20 minutes on the bus 6 days a week. This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at March 13, 2017 2:23 PM MDT
      March 12, 2017 10:27 PM MDT

Thanks for sharing.
      March 12, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

Unfortunately I'm living with them now as an adult, and saving to get my place, but 2 years ago, my 'mom' decided to take all my childhood books (there is just one small bookcase of them) and donate them to the library. Never asked me. This is someone who read a LOT. Who loved books, and she knew that- and I would have had no books left of my childhood that I enjoyed. It wasn't the END of the world, but, they were not hers, and she did not care at all- I got most back from the library.. it made me so sad she'd take whatever she wanted of mine to throw away or give away w/out asking (she recently took a nice bottle of lotion I got as a gift and said she gave it away b/c it was sitting  'too long')... I hope there are parents who KEEP the things their kids really enjoyed..reading helped me escape reality as a kid and books mean a lot to some.. how about you O ?
      March 12, 2017 10:42 PM MDT

• The stuff that I left is still there, though most of my stuff is with me in my apartment. My parents have no reason to get rid of any of it. It's a big house and I'm their only child, so they have plenty of room for it. 
      March 13, 2017 10:16 AM MDT

i didnt have much at home, after my parents died my sister took some stuff to her place
      March 13, 2017 2:54 PM MDT

I took all of that stuff with me.
      March 13, 2017 3:00 PM MDT