Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » "Up to 15% of Twitter accounts are run by bots who like and retweet". That explains TRUMP THE BOT by got! Programmed by others! Who knew?

"Up to 15% of Twitter accounts are run by bots who like and retweet". That explains TRUMP THE BOT by got! Programmed by others! Who knew?

Posted - March 13, 2017

Responses

And up to 25% of Facebook accounts are sockpuppets for cheating spouses. Answerbag was 50%. 

March 13, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

Anything that sucks in a billion plus people as Facebook does/has holds no interest for me. I'm not a Facebooker . From what I've read it's a wonderful place to bully/attack/insult/vilify/stalk/hound others. Drives some folks to commit suicide. What's not to love? About Answerbag you say 50% of it was comprised of cheating spouses. What is your evidence for that? Your incontrovertible proof? You dispute the 15% I note in my question? I wouldn't know since I don't Twitter or tweet or toot or youtube either.  But BOT explains The Donald to a T. Mindless "like" and "retweet" is all he does. His sources are specious and conspiracy-based. People KNOW that and still  accept his daily crappy whiny vindictive mean-spirited LIES. Go figger!  Is that guy pulling his hair out in the graphic supposed to be Trump?  The resemblance is uncanny. Thank you for your reply righty.
      March 14, 2017 3:46 AM MDT

I don't dispute the 15% Twitter stat. That's a believable number. The point i was making in my answer is that 15% is a relatively low number compared to most websites. Especially if the website has multi-million profiles. That means 85% would be completely legit. And that's good....when you compare it to others. 

What I meant with AB is 50% sock puppets, not cheating spouses. What proof? The old AB doesn't exist anymore so that is a tough one. You was on there, so you may remember the trolls and spammers. Multiple accounts from many users, some admittedly, same questions, same answers, all worded and written very similar. Maybe 50% is a little exaggerated, but the real number of sock puppets would be massive. Unless you didn't see the content I'm talking about because the questions you answered were mostly thru your friends list? 

Oh, and the guy in the photo isn't Trump. I don't know who he is. 
      March 14, 2017 8:05 PM MDT