Active Now

Malizz

Windows or Mac?

Back in the days of DOS when we practically needed a degree in computer science to operate a PC, Apple computers were far and away the best on the market. They were FUN to use but for that fun experience you had to pay through the nose.

We're still paying through the nose, of course, but they're no longer ahead of Microsoft.

Which do you prefer? Why? 

Posted - March 14, 2017

Responses

What is your phone exactly? You should Google the phone user manual it should tell you how to answer. I had one I could not figure out but I had a teenager in the house so I just handed it to her. She answered and got a good laugh at my expense. 
      March 15, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

It came without a manual. I downloaded manuals from two other brands. One is 70 pages, the other is 140 pages. The 70 page manual says I can answer a call by tapping anywhere on the screen. That does not work.
      March 15, 2017 6:37 AM MDT

Need the manual for your actual phone. They don't include the manual with any phone now days. I am with Virgin Mobile and I can go to  their website to see my manual. Can you log into your account with our provider. It may  tell you your phone name, if you don't remember. And provide the manual.
      March 15, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

I recently got a new Samsung and a manual was included.
      March 15, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

I on't know about other brands, but the two I have had (Samsung and LG) both give the brand name when you first turn the phone on.  Swiping downward from the top of the screen, with both of those brands, you will see an icon that looks like a gear.  Tapping that, I can scroll down to "About Device" and tapping on that gives me the model number and other info about the phone.  Hope that helps.
      March 15, 2017 8:08 AM MDT

I always think Windows is far more intuitive to use than an Apple Mac. That said, Microsoft have been going down a few wrong roads in recent years, with Explorer getting such a bad reputation as a browser that they changed the name, the way they tried to push Windows 10 on people, and so forth. Then again, Apple have their own issues, with the built-in obsolescence, the way every time they do a high profile launch of a new product, it has faults, etc.
      March 15, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

• That name change hasn't done much good. A piece of rubbish by any other name is still garbage. They've improved it enormously, of course, but they let the others get too far ahead and haven't managed to bridge the gap.

I've heard lots of people criticise W10. I like it. Maybe I'm just not very discriminating. (Mind you, I'd have been happy if they never moved on from W7.)
      March 15, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

Actually, I don't know what the new one is like. I haven't used it. I keep using Firefox!
      March 16, 2017 4:35 AM MDT

• I've used Firefox for years but switch to Chrome a couple of months ago. Both are excellent.
      March 16, 2017 4:40 AM MDT

Windows. But I still have the old versions. 
      March 15, 2017 6:19 AM MDT

• Is Microsoft still sending out updates for them?
      March 15, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

My desktop has Vista it gets updates.
      March 15, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

• Vista? VISTA?  May the Lord have mercy on your soul. And on your computer.

Still, it speaks volumes for Microsoft that they're continuing to support the system after such a long period.
      March 15, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

lol
      March 15, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

Out of the two.... Windows. I have Windows set to a small partition to use occasionally, but I prefer Linux over either.
      March 15, 2017 9:01 PM MDT